TWENTY TWO

After the war with the demons ended, Jerome have to go to capital as soon as he recovered. Unfortunately, we didn't talk or see each other because we were busy.

"Your highness..." called Anna with a smile.

"Yes Anna?"

"His highness has returned after 2 months in capital."

"Oh, if that's the case I should welcome him---"

"His highness told that your highness does not need to welcome him." told Anna which made me confused.

Why? Didn't our relationship get better before this?

"But your highness. His highness ordered that your highness should meet him at the work place at night."

"Tonight?"

"Yes, your highness."

I began to confused. What actually happened?

I'm finishing all day just thought about what really happened.

When our people were busy welcoming him, I was just told to wait in the room because he didn't want to see me now.

Finally the night came. I was still sitting waiting for Jerome in the bedroom but he still didn't show up then I'm trying to provoke him by not going to his work place cause why not? Bruh...

"Your highness..."

"Anna? What's wrong?"

"His highness asked me to accompany your highness to his work place. Right now."

I don't want to trouble Anna could only sigh and take a long satin cardigan to cover my nightgown before going out to Jerome's work place at the end of the hallway.

Before entering, I first knocked on the big door in front of me.

"Come in." Jerome's voice was heard from inside.

Slowly my hand opened the big door.

From here I could see Jerome sitting on the  with a glass on his hand.

"Your highness...Why did you call me here?" I asked politely.

"Sit down."

"Pardon?" I looked at him with a confused face.

Jerome stood up then walked towards me making me lean against the back of the door.

Both his hands began to trap me. His eyes directly pierced my eyes.

"Your highness?"

"Amelia..."

"Ye--Yes?" I started stuttering when his face was too close to mine.

"Do you know why I called you here?" asked Jerome in his low voice.

"Hmm...No?"

"I want you to drink with me."

"Drink?"

"Yeah...I got the best wine from our emperor."

"But I can't drink."

Jerome took a glass of wine and shoved it to me.

My shaky hand try to take the glass from him but then suddenly the glass fell on my chest. It seems like Jerome did that on purpose.

"Oh sorry. My bad." he said with smile.

I immediately opened the cardigan I was wearing and wiped my chest that was wet with wine.

"Your highness why you do this---"

Jerome suddenly kissed my lips without any warning.

"Your highness! What are you doing!" I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"I miss you, wife."

My tears fell on my cheeks.

I immediately hugged him tightly while crying.

"Thank God. I'm afraid that you will become cold towards me like before. Why did you do this to me?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Sorry wife. I just want to tease you a little since we haven't seen each other in a long time." said Jerome while gently stroking my back.

"Damn you!"

"Sorry..."

"I miss you too."

Jerome smiled and wiped my tears.

"Can I?" asked Jerome with soft voice.

"Yes..."

Without wasting time, Jerome continued to kiss my lips for a long time.

"Let's go to our bedroom." whispered Jerome.

"Okay..."

Jerome picks my body with bridal style and goes to the room without breaking the kiss.

"I love you wife."

"I love you too husband."

~~~~~
Yeayy!!! Double update cause I love you guys so much! ❤❤❤Yeay! Finally they are together!!!!! VDIDBDIDDBDIDHDU