Our Forever Home

"Mira?" Mira was cooking Jacky's weakly meals, "can I ask you something?"

Mira looked up from what she was doing, "yes,"

"I know you mentioned Lorelai's birthday this weekend," Mira nodded at her, "can you make her a cake?"

Mira smiled at her, "of course sweety, anything specifically you would like?"

"Jacky and I, we did something."

Mira looked confused, "oh, no, was it something bad?" she went around the kitchen towards Angeline, cleaning her hands on her apron. 

Angeline took out some papers, "no, not at all." She handed the folder to Mira. 

Mira took a second to read them, then her eyes shoot up to meet Angelines who was smiling, Mira almost screamed in excitement, but she knew Lor was upstairs helping Jacky with her homework. "OH MY GOD!" she half whisper, "really?"

Angeline nodded, "I want it to be special."

Mira hugged Angeline, "oh honey, having both of you this year, its already special."

Angeline and Mira got to talking about the cake and the decorations, Angeline had never done party planning, and she felt like it was childish, but she was indeed still a child, and she never had a childhood. Mira reassured her that it was okay to be childish, Lor would love it. 

After Jacky and Lor came down, Angeline took Jacky to the living room to tell her all about the party and even asked if Jacky wanted to come with her and buy the decorations, Jacky smiled and nodded. 

"I would love to." 

Mira told Lorelai she was taking the girls shopping while she stayed home and did some work, it was Wednesday and it was a school night, they all agreed to be back on time. 

It was a small town, and when the girls were buying the decorations Lorelai's friends started asking questions. Angeline explained that she wanted a big party, but she did not know who to invite, or if she should invite anyone. But Mr. and Mrs. Luther did mentioned Lorelai always been a great person and would love to be there to celebrate her birthday, Angeline and Jacky told them what they wanted to do and Mr. and Mrs. Luther advice that whole town basically knew Lorelai was their foster mom, so why not involve the whole town. 

"That would be a great idea," Mira said to the girls, "it can be private, or it can be a town thing, we love to make parties. We love to decorate the town for anything." 

Jacky smiled at Angeline, "can it be a town thing?"

It was set, the town would decorate everything Saturday morning, Jacky will distract Lorelai all afternoon since Angeline still had work, she could not let Lor know what the girls were up to. 

The town agreed to keep it a secret, they did not know what the girls really wanted to do, but they were excited to celebrate Lorelai's birthday. 

With so much excitement the week went rather slow, but with each passing day, Jacky was up in Angeline's room, talking and holding a conversation. Angeline did not mind; Jacky was talking and that's all that matter. They prepared everything in secret and the town was also slowly preparing things for the party, it was two days away. 

The next day, the girls went out with Mira to the town to get the final paperwork, all they had to do was sign it and wait for tomorrow to celebrate with the town. 

"Hey girls!"

Both girls came down their room to meet Lorelai in the kitchen, "yes?" Angeline spoke.