Agreed

Angeline

"Angeline, this was unacceptable, how are we suppose to let you out our sight now? we can't trust you." Gladdys was pacing back and forth in the small room in the hospital. "Wow, how will we pay for this? how will we pay for the rehabilitation classes? or the care after that? ohh Angeline, only because you are still under eighteen we can't just leave you here."

"Well then leave, I don't need you!"

"This attitude of yours will never work in the real world, we baby-you too much and this is our reward!"

"I think we will have to send you to another place to stay at, maybe Barham, or Stample."

"Those places are miles away! Plus it's a nun convention,"

"Christian Rehabilitation, those are our only options, we don't have the resources to take care of you Angeline, we actually use our money for people who need transportation to schools, for clothing, and rent, and travel for adoptions to other cities. We don't have the money to deal with things like this."

"Then let me be. I can take care of myself."

"Yeah clearly."

"It's either the Rehabilitation centers, or maybe Lorelai Harley, she might take you in."

"I want neither," there was no way I was leaving with Lorelai, she will have me dress for school, or show me off to her rich friends.

"Then the Convention it is."

I watched as she walked out the door, and shut it behind her.

I took a deep breath I didn't want to go to Barham, or Stample, those places were hideous, they make you a sissy!

"GLADDYS!"

Lorelai

"Hello this is Gladdys from Youth center and adoption agency,"

"Oh yes I remember, how can I help you?"

"You know how we talked about Angeline,"

I handed some papers to Alice to hand over to sales department, she smiled at me and headed out.

"Oh yes,"

"She was not please to be sent off to an institute or a rehabilitation center, she aggreed to stay with you. Not happy but she has agreed."

I was half paying attention and half to my work, I had been out for a few days and my desk was pilling lots of work for me to sign.

"Ok. How is she doing physical?"

"Good, she's good. They will keep her for observation for a couple of days."

"Good."

"Will that be ok, for her to stay with you?"

"I had made her an offer, she could come live with me, way before all of this happened." I took a deep breath, "now there will be more changes, I do have Jacky to take to school, tutoring sessions, we have dinner, it's a whole routine that Jacky has been enjoying. Angeleline, will have to adjust to Jacky's schedule now."

"Yes I understand, do you think you can manage with two teenager girls? Angeline will have to attend rehab classes, therapy..."

"Yes, I also advice you tell her she needs to get her high school diploma."

"We do appreciate all of it, we just want to make sure you will be ok with everything going on in her life."

"We will mange."

"Then I will start the paperwork again for her to be under your care for twelve months, and she can decide then if she wants to stay with you."

"A year it is."

I hung up the phone and texted my best friend, I was happy, nervous, and excited, and just nervous!

"Heyyy."

"Hi.." her small mumbles is all I get, but we working on it. Right Jacky?

"How was your first day of school?"

She shrug, meaning it was indifferent and nothing interesting happened.

"Cool, I'm sure those weird kids have nothing to say, I mean I hated high school. I had this bully chubby taller girl who used to pull my curly hair and call me fat."

I saw her just looking at me.

"I never got the courage to tell anyone until I came home with a black eye, busted lip and a broken wrist." I nodded, "yup, I hit that girl so hard I fracture my wrist. I got suspended for a week." She looked at me with this 'I don't believe you look' "See," I showed her the scar I have over my left eyebrow, "its faint but its there." she shook her head, "I don't mean for you to get down and dirty, but talk to me if anyone says or does anything, lets avoid the fight."

I smiled at her and just drove home, it'll take a lot from me to get her talking about her day, but I know the day will come.