Feels Nice

Lorelai

"Hey, Jacky lets go get some new clothes!"

It was around six in the afternoon when we decided.. more like I decided because I started thinking what will she wear tomorrow, so I figured clothes were needed.

Once we arrived, I led her to some clothing stores; nothing big since the town didn't have much, and she actually picked out some clothes. With a little hesitation, and a lot of nods of approval from me she was able to get a decent amount of clothes to start with.

I would take her to the city soon, get other stuff for her room. Let her start thinking for herself.

I was sitting in my office at home, I had received an email about Jacky needing to start school soon. I had seen some nice public schools on my way to work, they did carry uniforms too. I think one of them would be nice for her.

I took hold of Jacky's file;

Jackelyn Lizbett Nuñes, ten years old, brown eyes, 4'7, wights 60 pounds, foster care since she was 5.

Side notes; does not like kiwi, raspberries, coconut, pineapples...

and the list went on till it said unsure of what she likes.

To my understanding Jacky loves food, she has ate bits and pieces of all the food I have been ordering for the past 2 days.

One thing the file said, "must have been verbally abused growing up, does not speak much, or at all."

That sadden me, who yells at kids, they need attention, love, and so much more. Maybe I'm just so naive to so much.

I took the time to order uniforms for Jacky, called my best friend to make sure she had her meal preps for the entire six months she will be staying here.

Perks of having a chef best friend? I get discounts on my home made daily meals. Which will start Monday because Jacky and I had been ordering a lot of take-out.

It had been four days since Jacky came home, and I had been working from home to make sure she ate because if I didn't order food she wouldn't ask for any. I usually spent time in my study, or my art room- aka my men cave. While Jacky spend most of her time in her room, made me wonder what she was thinking.

I had signed her up in a decent public school outside of the town, better than the ones around here.

Thinking about it I hadn't told her.

"Hey Jacky," I went to her room and nock before entering, "umm..." I found her reading a book by the window. "Oh hey..."

"Sorry, I found the book in the shelf downstairs.. and I should have asked... I'm sorry I can take it back..." she was rushing towards me and the door, but I had to stop her.

"Hey hey, its ok. The books are there to read, as long as you put it back I don't find a problem with it."

She still looked startled.

"Come here," I lead towards my study, and opened the door for her to see.

"Wow..."

She saw the rows and rows of books along my four walls, that's what my study looked like, books and books, a small table pilled with books, and a small futon by the window to read.

"The shelf in the living room are just for show, this is the real deal." I motion for her to go in, "You can come in here whenever you want as I said just put them back and I won't get mad. Books are to be enjoyed."

"And talking about books, I was told I have to place you in school. I think its best to place you outside of the town and into a better school, it's not big time school, not a rich school. Just a normal school, but you do have to wear a uniform." she looked up at me, "unless you want to.. I can take you to George Academy, they..." I saw her shook her head, "ok, so the public school?" she nodded her head. "I bought you the uniform, you can try it on, when they arrive. We have to be at school Monday, they'll give you your schedule, and other things you need once you have the paperwork let me know about the class books and all ok?" she nodded yes. "you want to go look for another book?"

She looked up at me and I swear her eyes sparkled. I nodded in approval and she placed the one she had in her hand on one shelf and went in search of a new book.

I think I'm doing a good job with this fostering thing, she's talking more and being more herself.

Wonder if Angeline, is adjusting to her new life. Has she found a job? continue school? does she have food to eat?

Jacky's mumbling brought me back from my thoughts, she was debating on reading a big fat book versus a three small books.

"You have the whole room to chose a book, don't get stuck on just those four."

She smiled at me took those books placed them on two separate piles and continue searching.

I left the room to give her some time alone.