Could You?

Angeline

"What are you doing here?"

"Misty can you please give them a moment?" I saw how Gladdys left the room with Misty.

"I came to talk to you."

"Look don't expect a 'thank you' from me."

"I don't care about your manners right now, but you're welcome."

I frowned at her.

"Don't frown, will give you wrinkles at the end of your eyes, and you'll need those old people's lotions to reverse the lines."

"I don't care."

"My mother did, so she said why frowned when you're young, you have a whole life ahead of you to do so."

I saw how she sat in Misty's bed, her delicate smooth legs crossed over the other, she looked so Angel like.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't mean my words to sound harsh, or did I?

"I came to see if you want to go home with me? I heard you talking about being independent, but what do you know about being independent? managing money, paying bills, cooking? for instance." she waved her hand as she talked, she was one of those rich stuck up people. Her elegance said it all.

"I can manage myself."

"Ok, lets make a deal."

"I don't want it."

"I haven't even made you the proposition, how do you know if you want it or not?"

"Because it will include rules, and being in your possession. I want to be independent, not be trapped in a house full of rules and fancy dinners."

"You really have one tracked mind, but understandable with the class of people who have tried to adopt you, I don't blame you." She shrugged like it was a simple conversation she was having.

I saw how she got up, and looked down at me, those crystal like blue eyes looked for understanding before she spoke, "live with me, you can have your own room, pay rent, pay bills, do your own grocery shopping, cook in my kitchen, have a normal adult life under my roof, under my care." She saw me shaking my head, she took a deep breath, "Fine, live at the beat up apartment that they give you, shitty corner food, come to the centers meeting every other week, check in, see these people again and again until you turn twenty. I mean, that's what you'll be doing; having to check, be in their control like you are now." She fixed her red blouse, fixed her black dress pans and walked out, but turned to look at me once more. "I want to offer you a life outside of these walls, you have until Friday at seven PM to decline my offer, think on it." She left me a note or what looked like a business card on the small table by the door.

But could you love me like a daughter? or would you see me as another society's unwanted child.

Lorelai

"Jacky, I know you have probably given up on people who try to adopt you, or foster you." I saw no signs of her acknowledging what I was saying, "I want to give you a change to be you, I wont tell you what to do, what to eat, what to wear. I mean your style of clothing works just great for me, those colorful rainbow socks from the storage closet do justice on you." I saw how she looked down at her high socks, "or we can go shopping this weekend, I need a new shirt to work, and some new boxer shorts to sleep in. Uhh the male fitted ones look good on me, and they have some girl ones too," I saw how her confused faced turned my way, "what I'm just..."

"You wear male boxers?" those pink lips let out a faint question.

"Psh, you think only men can wear their boxers? girl if they can wear our pink shirts we can wear their clothes too."

"hmm." Her brown eyes went back to her fidgeting hands.

"Well I came here to tell you that Gladdy's will let me take you home. You know if you want, I'm not going to force you, but since you don't really talk to them they don't know where to place you." I shrugged, and she noticed, "I mean I don't care if they sent you home with me today, or tomorrow, but preferably tomorrow so I can clean one of the spare rooms, or not if you deny me or whatever. I don't know." I was fidgeting with my fingers, a little nervous, "It'll be my first time fostering, I really don't know how it works, what you kids like. I broke up with my girlfriend a year ago after I told her I wanted to adopt or foster and you know what she said?" She didn't move, but her brown eyes searched mine to continue, "she said 'we can have our own, why do we need them?'" I took a deep breath, "it's not what she said, but the way she said it, like with hatred, and we had a fight. I been wanting to adopt since I was fifteen, fifteen! Who wants to adopt at fifteen, kids talk about getting married, and having kids, I said I want to adopt someone."

I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye, "she did not fight for me, she did not dare to look for me, and good because..."

"You don't need her...?"

I'm not sure if it was meant as a question or not, "I may need her, but I don't need her negative energy, her hate, her cold heart." I took a deep breath, "I want to be loved by the right people, I love myself too much to know she was not mean to be in my life, but maybe you or someone else might want to give you that chance to love me or like me, or even let me love you guys. But I guess I'm being cheesy, and weird, I don't know."

She didn't say anything, I smiled at her.

"Well, if you decide to go home with this nervous wreck of a future foster weirdo mom, I'll be waiting for a call." I got up and placed my hand over her delicate shoulder.

Could you allow me to love you?

_________________________________________________________________________

Comments and stars are highly appreciated!

I'm trying to get back to writing, been over more than a year and I'm working all over again trying to get my mojo! 

Love you all!