The Untold

Everyone has a story to tell

Lorelai

"Babe, have you seen my shoes?"

"They were under the bed..."

"Got them," Luisa came downstairs rushing finishing getting ready for work, "thanks," she grabbed her sandwich Lorelai had made and dashed out the door.

Lorelai waited for her to come back to give her a goodbye kiss or an "I love you," from her, she had been dating her for the past year. Luisa spends most of her nights at work, and the ones she can spare she spends with Lor, but she wasn't this way when they first started talking.

They used to spend half the day talking, and texting, Luisa would come over more often, wouldn't rush to work, and wouldn't fall asleep right after sex.

Where did Lorelai go wrong? was she losing her? was the last six month just her imagining the changes?

She grabbed her books and headed to school instead, she didn't want to think wrong of her girlfriend, she would talk to her eventually, right? if they weren't in love she would talk to her?

Lorelai shook the thought of her head and went to school, one last semester and she would be a college graduate.

Angeline

At age seven life shouldn't be this hard, but being a motherless child, abandon and left as trash was never a good start.

"Angeline? have you done the dishes!?" Margarett yelled as she sat in the living room watching her tv series, eating and drinking beer.

Angeline tried to sweep the floors faster, trying to pick up the dirt, and went to clean the dishes.

All day she spent cleaning Margarett's mess, she had her book club over and they made a mess trying to bake some cookies for class tomorrow, Angeline cleaned her mess and was only given scraps of leftovers. She cleaned and looked after drunken foster mom, all she ever did was brag about being a foster mom but was never a good one.

Angeline picked up the beer can and left a new one in its place, Margarett just stirred on the couch and started snoring again. Those green eyes would open and shut once in a while, the creepiest she ever seen. Her white flushed pink face twitched as she snored, her dirty blond hair fell back on the sofa.

Angeline finished cleaning all the mess and finally decided to take a shower, the only good thing about this house was that Margarett wouldn't touch her, or ask for favors, she was happy that this time she could sleep without being afraid someone would come to sneak in her bed.

She laid in bed wondering if all kids went through this, kids who weren't love and left at dumpsters, at doors steps, at churches, on the street. Why did this happen to her?

The weekday couldn't come faster, she hated the weekends, cleaning and being yelled at was never what she imagines a foster mom to be.

"Angeline, how are you?" Miss Pete smiled at Angeline as she walked next to her, "how was your weekend?" Monday morning was a good feeling for her.

Angeline shrugged at her question, "good," she knew not to say anything to anyone, she knew from past experiences that talking led to beating, locked in the closet or worse; make her do things she didn't want to, and adults showing parts that didn't need to be shown to a child. "Always good."

Miss Pete knew something was up with Angeline, but with no proof of what was happening, or having reasons to report her foster parents, she couldn't say anything.

Angeline went about her days at school, she loved them. She got to take extra snacks home for when she was hungry, Margarett didn't like to give snacks, she never has extra cookies, or muffins, or even juices to spare. School was the only place she could sneak one or two extra ones from the other kids who didn't want them.

Specially James, he always took an extra lunch so Angeline could have dinner. They were kids and James knew if he asked questions, or if he told his parents about why he needed two lunches, Angeline would somehow not show up for a couple of days. Instead, he brought an extra lunch for his best friend. 

Jackelyn

"She can't stay with me any longer, she can go to Daisy's,"

"She won't take her; she has her own kids too mom. Well, she can't stay here."

"We can try uncle Carl and aunt Sully,"

Jacky listen as her family talked back and forth, she was not sure what they were talking about.

"She's five mom,"

"We can say we can't take care of her, they'll put her for adoption,"

"I will call other family members see if they can take her,"

Jacky saw the two women walk out the kitchen, she stayed behind to pick up her doll. She smooth out her blond hair, the doll was old and didn't have many hairs, but it was her favorite.

Her small little feet carried her to the living room, her cousins were watching tv, others were yelling and crying, Jacky was five years old, and still hadn't talk, nor kept a conversation like the other kids. She was behind in her preschool, losing her mother at three didn't help.

Who would take care of her now?