Chapter two

I step into my father's bakery and I instantly get hit with the smell of fresh baked goods. This has been my father's pride and joy for year's years. After my mom left, he finally decided that he'll do what he loves the most, baking. I of course followed his footsteps. Baking too me is such an easy thing to do and I know I will have fun with it. I prefer baking to cooking. I'm not the best cook which is why I'm going to culinary school so I can get experience in both. It was something for both my dad and me to enjoy. I know that I will soon take over his business when I graduate, my father has always said this to me. " Hi, Uncle Gray. Was it busy today?" My uncle's face lights up when he sees me. I place my bag on one of the tables in the small café. "Not today, little girl. I have a fresh apple turnover waiting for you." I smile, taking a seat as he brings it over to me. "Levi Ledger is giving me extra time to turn in late assignments," I told him while I take a bite. I internally moan, it tastes so good. "That was nice of him. I haven't seen him in a while. You should invite him here to have brunch with us sometime." I almost choke, I look at my uncle with wide eyes. He knows that I have liked him since I was old enough to know what the word "love" means.

"There's no way I'm doing that. He may be Riley's brother but we aren't close anymore. He isn't close to us anymore." Uncle Gray sits down in front of me. "I know, but it would be nice to catch up with him like old times. Levi is still family, Scar. Tell him I said to come by sometimes, okay?" I nod my head as I continue to eat the turnover before getting dressed to start working.

Today was slow but it usually is when Tuesday comes around. I'm so ready to go home and sleep. I can't help to think about what Levi is doing right now. It's sad how I want to fuck my teacher and he doesn't even know. Uncle Gray left a few hours, he has a date with his boyfriend tonight, ago so I'm stuck closing up.

When I'm ready to leave, I turn off all the lights and step outside. The cold instantly takes over my body, I shiver slightly. December is right around the corner so Uncle Gray and I start preparing more pastries than normal. It's always around this time that we get the most customers in the bakery. When I finish locking the door, I turn around and start walking in the way of my house. I should invest in a car. I sigh the walk to my house from the bakery. My house isn't far but it can be when the weather starts to get colder. I wrap my arms tightly around me as I keep walking home.

I finally arrive home, stepping into the warmth of my home. My little apartment is nothing but it's just enough for my needs. Riley did live here for a while before she moved out to live with her boyfriend, Jordan. The apartment is a two bedroom so it was perfect for us. I remember the day we went apartment searching and this one stuck out to us. The kitchen was big enough for me to bake or cook whenever I wanted to. The bedrooms were a decent size for us. Riley is the one who fell in love with the bathroom. The apartment has one bath but it's huge which is why she loved it so much.

I shrug off my coat, hanging it on the coat rack beside the door. I make my way to the kitchen, setting my keys on the island we have in it. Tomorrow is the first of December and my father still hasn't woken up. He always loved this time of year. The more I find myself thinking about him, the more I start to lose hope. The doctors told us that he has a 15% chance of living.

I find leftover pizza in the fridge to eat before I head to bed so that's what I do. I heat it and head straight to bed. A part of me is excited to be stuck with Levi tomorrow after school.

I was the first one there this morning. My smile was stretched ear to ear as I see Levi walk into his classroom. "Good morning, Chef." He ignores me and gets his stuff situation at his desk. Did I say something wrong? No, I just said good morning. I take my notebook out of my bag, preparing it for today's class. It was silent in the room and not the good kind. I can't tell what it was...tension maybe? I stare at him, he is engrossed in something that I can't see. I'm assuming it's a book of his. Levi has such delicate features on him but they are strong. I marvel at how handsome he is. I watch as his hands lift to move his hair out from his face. His hands are so..manly. I remove my gaze from him when voices start to fill up the room.