Chapter three

Today was different, when I walked into Levi's classroom, he couldn't stop looking at me. He tried his best to be near me throughout the class and when he finally got me alone today after school it was amazing. I'm sitting on his lap, facing him, while he sits in his desk chair. My shirt is gone from earlier and I wasn't too worried about putting it back on. He sits there shirtless as well, I wanted to leave marks on him as he did to me the other day. I made a chocolate soufflé today for my project. It wasn't fair since I don't have experience with making soufflés at all so when I made it was deflated and dry. Let's just say I didn't get a very good grade with it.

I trace his features with the tips of my pointer finger, going over every curve of his face. His eyes are closed as I did this and he looks like he is relaxed. Levi's hands are placed on my hips loosely, the pad of this thumb rubbing in circles on my hips. This moment was so peaceful and I didn't want it to end, ever. I wish we would've met sooner so we didn't have to sneak around like this..that's if he even wants a relationship. "Lottie?" I stop and hum at him, telling him I'm listening to him. I bring my hands down to his chest. "I want to talk about us before we continue this any further."

"What is it, Levi?" I'm curious about what he has to say about us. "There's something about you, Scarlett. There's something about you that just makes me want you. Want you in any way that I can have you. When I first saw you, when you came into my family's house for Christmas, I couldn't stop staring at you." I recall the first day I met him. That's when my little crush started to develop with Levi. I wasn't taking his classes at that time since this was years ago and I only started to take the classes three years ago. I'm currently a senior in the school. We were so close then but when he became my teacher it all stopped. Levi starts to speak again, "I want to make this clear to you. I don't want a relationship." I try not to feel affected by the words he just said. Then what is this? Is this just a one-time thing? "I got it. We are fuck buddies."

After school, I went to the bakery to help out my uncle again. The talk I had with Levi ruined my mood for the day. I should've known he didn't want a relationship with me. After all, I am just his student and his sister's stupid best friend. When I get inside the bakery I see Riley talking to Gray. I smile, I haven't seen her in a few days. "Hi, Riley. What are you doing here?" She turns around in her seat to face me. "I wanted to talk to you." I nod my head, waiting for Uncle Gray to leave. He finally leaves when he gets the hint.

"Is something wrong?" I took a seat beside her and Riley looks like she has a lot to say to me. "Jordan doesn't know this yet but I'm pregnant" A huge smile spread across my face when she said the words. "Riley, this is huge! You're going to be a mom!" She smiles a little, "Yes, but I don't know if Jordan wants one yet. This wasn't planned, Scar." I can see the worry in her eyes, but I know for certain that Jordan will be thrilled to hear the news.

"Riley, Jordan will be so happy about this huge step. That man loves you so much, Ry. You know he wants a baby..it just came sooner than expected." She nods her head and it looks like I erased the negative thoughts from her head for now. "Does Levi know?" Riley nods her head with a little smile on her face. "He's excited to be an uncle. I asked him to come over yesterday after school but something was off about him." She gives me a knowing look and I blush slightly.

"What do you mean?" Riley laughs slightly at me "I think you know what I mean, babe. After I told the news to him he couldn't stop talking about you...so what happened between you two?" Levi couldn't stop talking about me. My heart skips a beat as I think about him and his handsome face. "Alright, we kissed and some other things, but before you jump to any conclusions...he doesn't want a relationship"

Riley left after another hour or so. She stayed while I cleaned up and took the last few orders of the day. I decided to start making my pie for the project that will be due soon. I have decided on a blueberry pie for it. I have only made the pie a few times and it is surprising since I work in a bakery and I go to culinary school. The soufflé that I made was still in the back of my mind and I can't believe I couldn't make it perfect. The door opening got me out of the kitchen and up to the front, "Sorry, we are closed."