Chapter Eight

Months have gone by since my father died and it has slowly started to get better. Levi and I have been doing well with our arrangement and he has also been an amazing roommate. He demanded that he paid me rent for the apartment even though I could pay it with him living with me, but he insisted since he is staying with me.

I'm currently sitting in class waiting for the bell to ring. That's when a student walks into Levi's classroom asking for me. He tells me that Mr. Smith wants to see me. He's the Chief Executive in this school aka the principal. I'm not going to lie, I am shitting my pants right now.

"Hello, Ms. Anderson. Please take a sit, I would like to ask you something." I take a seat in front of him as I wait for him to spit out the question. "Are you having an affair with your teacher, Mr. Ledgar?" My heart drops to my stomach when I hear his words. I have no idea what to say to him so I confess.

"Yes."

"Are you sure about that? Someone showed me a video of you and your teacher- oh you admitted to it." I roll my eyes slightly. He expected me to lie and I don't blame him.

"What's going to happen to Levi?" Mr. Smith clears his throat.

"You will be switched to another teacher for the rest of the year until you graduate. Mr. Ledgar will remain a teacher but he will be watched. He is one of the best teachers in this town so we can't afford to lose him. You should know how bad this looks, he grades your work" At least he isn't losing his job. Levi would never bump up my grade because we are sleeping with each other. I know that because I have failed some projects since we have been together. When they dismissed me I heard straight to Levi's room knowing that he hasn't left yet.

When I enter his room I can tell he is furious. "Get out." His tone is cold and I'm taken aback by it. "You know how much I have risked for this relationship with you? Tell me, was this your second time going after a teacher?" I'm shocked, he thinks I'm sleeping with other teachers in this school? "Maybe Mikey was right about you after all. You are nothing but a slut. I could've lost everything I have worked for, for this stupid-ass arrangement we had going on! I don't want nothing to do with you again, ever." I stare into his muddy brown eyes as he takes his anger out on me, hurt by the words he has just said.

"You have no fucking right to accuse me of sleeping with other teachers in this school! I thought you wanted me but maybe I was wrong. You were the only one I have slept with in years and you know that! I didn't ask you to kiss me in this classroom! I didn't want to fall in love with you but I fucking did, Levi! So I am sorry for wanting someone that I have wanted for a while." By now I'm crying, tears streaming down my face. We are standing in front of each other breathing heavily. "I never asked you to risk your job for me. Levi, you did that on your own." My voice comes out weak as I spoke to him. Levi doesn't speak, he just stares at me so I speak again, "You can stay in my apartment but don't bother me and I'll do the same for you."

I walk away from him leaving his room and out of the school. I can't believe he talked to me that way. I head straight home not knowing what to do. I texted my uncle to tell him I won't be in today.

When I finally arrive home I put all my stuff away. It finally started to get warmer so I don't have to wear heavier clothing. I get a wave of nausea that comes over me so I rush to the bathroom. I throw up in the toilet, throwing up all that I ate today. I have been feeling like this for months but I just haven't told anyone, especially Levi.

I go through the cabinet in the bathroom to try to find something I bought a while ago. "There you are." I open the pregnancy test and I follow the directions for it. When I finish peeing on it I cap it and place it on the sink counter. I go to my room to change as I wait for the four minutes. I fall onto my bed just wanting to sink into it and never get up again. Minutes had passed since I got up and I fell asleep by accident, but I get woken up by loud knocking on my door. Before I can say to come in, my door flings open.

"What the fuck is this?" Levi holds up the pregnancy test and my eyes widen. "You're pregnant and you didn't care to tell me!"

Pregnant? It's positive? I stand up from my bed and snatch the test from him to take a look at it. Positive. Tears fall from my eyes as I look up at Levi. "I just took it today. I fell asleep while I waited."

He scoffs, "Were you even going to tell me if I hadn't found it?"

"Of course, I would, Levi." It hurts that he would even think that.

"So what are you going to do with the baby?" I'm starting to get a baby bump, I sorta thought I was just gaining too much, so I won't be able to hide it.

"I don't know. Im not stable enough to have a baby." I can't read Levi's expression,

"So you want to abort our baby?"

I laugh, "Our? You're the one that said you never want to see me again so it's my baby. Not yours, Levi."

"You don't even know what love is, Scarlett. You're just a kid." I shove his chest with my finger, pushing him back slightly.

"You don't get to tell me how I feel about you. I am 23 years old so I am not a child. I know what I feel. If I'm just a kid then why did you have sex with me multiple times, huh?" I push him further from my room so I can close my door and lock it. I lay on my bed and I let the tears fall from my eyes. I didn't want it to end like this.

______
A/N
Guys I got a job. I'm nervous but excited!~N