Chapter Nine

I went to the doctor a few days ago to see how far along I am which is three months. I had an ultrasound done and I got pictures printed out for it. Riley had told me not to let Levi mess with my feelings and I don't know what feels right. I have always loved kids and I wanted a child of my own someday.

When I got home from the doctor's that day, I left a print of the ultrasound on Levi's bed for when he comes back.

Right now, is a Monday morning and I decided that I didn't want to go in today. I did get moved from Levi's class though. It has been hard not having him here but he blamed me for it when it was him also. I get ready for my shift at the bakery and I know that Uncle Gray will be there so. "Hello, Uncle Gray." I smile when I walk in through the bakery doors. He knows what happened with Levi and me and he's being supportive. "I can take over for today." He doesn't even have to argue with me. He just accepts my offer and before I know it he is out the door.

I wanted to be alone for today and being in the bakery is the best choice for me. "Hello, how can I help- what are you doing here?" Levi takes a seat at the front counter. He doesn't talk so I just give him a turnover...the first thing I ever gave him.

"I came here to apologize. I saw the photo you left for me. Do you know the gender?" I'm shocked he came to me first.

"No, I don't want to know what it is...I am keeping it. Riley convinced me to keep it." I see him smile a little bit.

"I'm sorry for the things that I said about you. I let my anger get to me, Angel." My stomach flips when I hear the new name.

"Levi, I love you but I'm not sure what you want from me. I don't want to be fuck buddies with you." Levi doesn't answer me and he stares at the turnover on the plate. "When you know what you want then come speak to me."

After a long day of work at the bakery I finally get to go home. I walk through the doors of my home and I see Levi on the sofa. He smiles at me when he sees me walk through the door. "Come sit." I sit down beside him keeping a good distance between us.
"The last woman I dated ended up cheating on me. I'm worried that if I get into a relationship with you then it might happen again."

"So you are saying that I'm going to cheat on you?"

He shakes his head, "No, I don't want it to happen again. I thought she was the one, Lottie." I grab his hand, placing it in mine.

"Baby, I'm not like her. I know you have trust issues but I'm having a baby this is your child. I have no reason to cheat on you if you even decide that you want a relationship with me. I'm also not your student anymore."

He smiles at me, "Ms. Anderson, would you like to go on a date with me?" I couldn't contain my smile as I grew bigger and bigger. I pull his face to mine so I can kiss him.

"And for this little one." He places his hand on my stomach smiling as he does this, "You are going to be a boy. I just know it." I laugh a little at him as I place my lips back on his again.

When I first met Levi he was cold-hearted and didn't care about anyone. I know Levi and Riley had a hard childhood, being bounced around from different orphanages can do a number on you, but the more I got to know them the more he turned into a big pile of...mush. He's soft-hearted and cares deeply about the ones he loves. I have a feeling Levi and I will be together for a while.

"How is your new teacher?" He asks me as we prepare dinner.

"Old." I hear him laugh a little as he finishes cutting up the chicken for me. "It's different, I don't like his technique on how he does certain things but I'll get over it." He washes his hands off before turning to look at me. I'm facing the kitchen island and I'm cutting up the vegetables.

I can feel his eyes on me as I cut. "You are so beautiful, Angel."

"Will you still think that in about six months? When I'm moody, can't see my own feet, and when I'm fat?" Levi wraps his arms around me, placing his chin on my shoulder.

"You'll always be beautiful to me, Lottie. You always have." He places light kisses on my neck before moving away from me. "Why don't you go rest and I'll finish up cooking." I try to protest but he convinces me quickly. I instantly relax on the sofa as I fall fast asleep.

My eyes flutter open to see Levi laying down beside me. His arm is over his eyes and I know he isn't sleeping. "Baby?" He hums in response, "What time is it?"

"I don't know. I didn't want to wake you. The food has been done for a bit now. I'll set you up a plate."