Chapter Four

I can't smell him in my room anymore. I can't feel him beside me. The spot beside me was messed up like he just got up but I don't hear anything throughout my house. I finally sit up in my bed, the blanket falling onto my lap, and I look around my room. There's no trace of him left in my room from last night. I sigh, of course, it would be a one-night thing. Last night was amazing, incredible... spectacular but he didn't stay. Levi left me all alone in the bed that he fucked me in, he didn't even bother to leave me a message or even write a note. I remind myself that he doesn't want a relationship and this is how it will be from now on..but he should've stayed, right? That would be the right thing to do.

I get out of bed and head straight to the bathroom so I can shower. My alarm clock woke me up this morning and if it hadn't then I would not have gone to class today. I get dressed after my shower and I'm ready to head to class. This time, I took my time to get to his class.

When I finally step into his classroom he stops, making people turn their heads to look at me. "Glad for you to finally join us, Ms. Anderson" I don't say anything back as I take my seat. Mikey has a smile on his face but it disappears quickly. I frown, taking out my phone to see if there was something on me. My eyes widen when I see how dark the marks that Levi left on me last night.

Levi kept reminding us that our pies are due tomorrow morning and no later than that. "What are you doing after school?" Mikey whispers to me as he writes down what Levi is saying. "I'm staying after again." Levi is talking so fast that I can hardly keep up with writing. "Maybe tomorrow we could go and see a movie?" I wanted to let out a groan of frustration but I knew that it would just be rude. I think about it for a second before answering. "I'm sorry, Mikey. I can't, I have to work at the bakery" Just then my name is called. "Ms. Anderson, would you like to share what is so important that you have to talk about during my lecture?"

I glare at Levi but he stares at me blankly. "No, I wouldn't like to share, Chef Ledger." Levi gets back to the teaching and Mikey whispers sorry to me but I just ignore him. Class finally ended and I stay behind as everyone else leaves. I'm not sure what to say to him so I just get to work on the final project I need to do which is cheesecake. I have made cheesecake once or twice for my father's bakery but I'm no pro, but I do know that my father's recipe is amazing.

"Why were you late?" I stiffen a little when he speaks to me. His tone is hard and curios too. "Woke up late, Chef Ledgar. I made it here and that's all that matters" I don't look at him as I put the cheesecake in the oven to bake. "About last night-" I finally turn to look at him now and I can't help but let tears fall from my face. "Are you going to explain why I was in bed alone or are you going to explain how amazing last night was?" I pause for a few seconds for him to speak so I can wipe the tears off of my face. "Do you know how I felt when I woke up this morning and you weren't there?" All Levi does is shake his head no. "Well, it was humiliating and I felt awful. I felt like you just used me to finally get what you wanted out of me." Levi stands up at this and I can tell he is mad. "Don't you ever say those fucking words again? How could you possibly think that I would just fuck you and then just leave you for good?" I quickly cut in, "Because Levi you fucking left me alone and you didn't bother to leave me a message or a note! You just left without saying a word like I was some one-night stand that you just met at the bar!"

By now tears are streaming down my face as I lash out at him. Levi just stares at me like I'm just some idiot. "Scarlett, I didn't mean to make you feel that way, I swear. I would never hurt you like that." I scoff at his words, "But you did." He takes a few steps closer to me and I don't move. I stay rooted in my spot as I let him come to me.

"I left because I didn't know what to do. I haven't had sex with a woman in at least three years. I was scared of what was going to happen, okay? I know that doesn't justify me making you feel that way but I just didn't know what to do. I convinced myself that it was the right thing to do." My crying finally stopped when he explained himself.

"Why three years?" I look at him and there's just sadness across his face now and all I want to do is take his face in between my hands so I can kiss his lips. "Because..because of you, Lottie." I was taken aback by what he just informed me of.

"Me? Why me?" Levi smiles a little, looking down at our feet. "When I found out you were a student here I hoped that it would lead to something." It's my turn to smile now. How can he not expect me to fall in love with him when he talks like that? "You're so cute, Levi" I place a kiss on his cheek "I'm sorry that I made you feel like that. It wasn't my intention. Scarlett, I would never use your body like that."

Levi loved my cheesecake so much that I got an A on it. I knew my dad's cheesecake wouldn't fail me. Levi dropped me off at the bakery. We weren't open today but I just came in so I can finish my pie for tomorrow. He did stay with me to keep me company and he promised to give me a ride home. "Would you like to taste it?" I ask him when I pull it out of the oven. "I would love to but I'm still your teacher so I can't. It'll have to try it tomorrow." I nod my head, understanding. I set the pie out to cool down so I can pack it up when it's done. After I clean up the bakery.

He kept his promise to drive me home and that's where we are at right now. I turn to look at him with a small smile on my face. "I'll see you tomorrow?" Levi asks me and I instantly nod my head yes. I kiss him quickly before getting out of his car. God, it's fucking cold out here. I make my way up to my apartment and I see him leave through my window. A smile comes across my face and I couldn't help it. We are going to be just fine and I know it.