Chapter Seven

This is my last year of college and I don't even know what I want to do with my life. I know that I will own the bakery but is that a good start? I sigh to myself as I shift into my bed. Levi is taking a shower at the moment so I'm all alone. It has been a few weeks since Levi got evicted and when he moved in with me. He made the second room like an office but also a guest bedroom. He wants to sleep in my bed and I agreed to that with no question.

My phone rings on my nightstand and I go to pick up the phone to see what it was. Uncle Gray. He hardly calls me unless with bad news or good news. I take in a deep breath and answer the phone. When I end the phone call with my uncle I don't know what to do. I just stay sitting up in my bed, staring at my wall thinking about nothing. I didn't even know I was crying until Levi knocked on my door. "Lottie, what's wrong?"

Levi comes over and brings me into a hug. He doesn't even know what's going on but he just knows what to do. He rubs my back trying to calm me down as he says everything will be fine. Will it? Will everything ever go back to normal? "Talk to me, baby. What happened?" Why does he do this? He acts as if he cares about me all the time and he acts like we are in a relationship when we aren't.

"My dad didn't wake up from his coma."

His eyebrows furrowed, "What do you mean, Lottie."

I sob even harder, "He passed away." His gaze softens and just pulls me closer to him. My dad was everything to me. Who do I have now? Yeah, I have Uncle Gray and Riley but they both have their own lives. Riley is going to be a mom soon and Gray has a boyfriend that he's serious about. Dad always made time for me. He would cancel his plans for me in an instant.

My uncle came by to see how I was doing and I'm glad he came by. I know that the shop will be closed for a while until we both feel better about what happened. A part of me knew he wouldn't make it but I just pushed that aside and tried to think about positive outcomes. When my uncle told me he experienced traumatic brain trauma..that's when I just lost all hope, but Uncle Gray was positive so I tried to be as well.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Riley had called me a while ago to see how I was doing and wished me the best.

"I'm okay, you don't have to treat me like glass, Levi." He chuckles as he apologizes to me. Levi takes a kiss on my forehead before messing up my hair.

"I'll make you anything that you want, baby. After dinner, we can do whatever you want." I smile, slowly starting to feel better.

Levi made me spaghetti and after that, we ate and I just fell asleep. We started by watching a movie and in the middle of it I ended up falling asleep on his lap. When I woke up the next morning in bed Levi is not in my bed and I start to freak out. "Levi!" After a few seconds, the door opens to see a conferenced Levi.

"What's wrong, Scarlett?" I calm down when I see him walk into our room.

"I thought you left me." He comes to sit on the bed in front of me.

"I would never leave you, baby. I'm making breakfast for you before I head to work." I didn't even think about school at all. I look for my phone to see what time it is and if I don't get ready now then I might be late.

"I have to get ready for school, Levi. I don't want breakfast." Levi gently pushes me down back on the bed when I try to get up.

"You need to eat something and you aren't going in for today." I decided not to argue with him and just obey him.

When Levi left my house felt lonely. Levi, Riley, and Uncle Gray are all I have left. It's shocking how fast the people you love will slip away from you so quickly. I haven't done much all day just layingmmm in bed and getting up to go to the bathroom. It's just a waiting game now for Levi to get home.

___________
A/N
Guys, I have been busy lately with getting a job and finals are starting up so it's just crazy. I'm sorry about the updates for my readers. I usually try to upload on Wednesdays and Thursdays but sometimes it doesn't work out. I just hope you guys are liking the book! ~N