Chapter Six

Monday morning had finally come around and I woke up extremely early so I can go to the bakery to pick up some food for Levi. "Bye uncle Gray. I'll see if Levi will come here after he is off of work." I take the bag of pastries and leave out the door and I head off to school. The walk from the bakery to school wasn't that bad. When I arrive there I'll still be early enough where no one else is there.

"Good morning, Levi." I smile brightly when I walk through the doors of his classroom. "I have my pie and I brought you some breakfast." I place his bag down on his desk when I got done placing my pie on my work bench. "Thank you, baby." He seems like he is stressing out over something. Levi looks like he didn't get much sleep last night at all. "What's wrong, Levi?" Before he can answer the first bell rings which signals people will start to fill the classroom. I take my seat before anyone can come in.

We had some free time after the lesson was done for today so he said that we could talk but there's like five minutes left until the class will be done for today. "Okay, I know you don't work Mondays so how about we get dinner?" Mikey will never let this crush thing die down and I wish it would just stop. "Mike, I'm sorry-" I see Mikey rolls his eyes and he looks annoyed "I know what you're going to say." I frown at him. "Mike, I'm sorry but I can't today." I can feel Mikey's intense gaze on me."Just like every other day I have asked you out." I'm stunned, I have never heard Mikey so annoyed at me before. Usually he is this peppy boy everyday. "Are you seeing someone? I saw hickeys on your neck the other day." He sounds like he is getting angry and I don't know how to leave this conversation. "You know, if I didn't fit your type of boys that you go out with then you should have just said so, Scarlett. I should've known from what people have told me about you." What? What the fuck does he mean by that? "People call you slut, did you know this? Probably not."

I can feel the tears threatening to leave my eyes when my vision gets blurry. People think I'm a slut? Why would people think that? I haven't even slept with anyone in years. "That's enough, Mr. Smith. You have no right to talk to one of my students like that." Levi is now standing beside me while he talks to Mikey. "Oh? Since when do you stand up for your students, Chef Ledgar? I kind of figured that when you had to stay after school for help that something was going on between you two. This teacher never give people extra time or even offer to help with their projects." I knew Mikey wasn't stupid but I thought we were doing well with covering it up.

"Do you even hear yourself, Mikey?? You are a accusing me of sleeping with my teacher. Levi is a family friend of mine and if you recall, my dad is dying." Mikey scoffs and then he just leaves of the classroom doors.

"I'm sorry, Chef." Levi hugs me to try to calm me down.

"Shh, it's okay. None of things are true with what he said, okay?" Levi cradles me in my arms as I try to relax. I have always put what people thought about me first and I tried to make people like me. Ever since my last boyfriend I had I would critique everything about me. What I would wear, how I would do things, what I wanted to do, why I loved food so much. 

"I'm getting evicted, Lottie." I look up at him when he said this.

"What? Why are you getting evicted?" I move away from his arms to look at him. That's must be why he is so stressed.

"Because my landlord is dating my ex. I know, ironic. My ex cheated on me but blamed it on all me so we didn't end on good terms. I'm assuming she's the one that talked him into doing it." The sadness went away and it soon filled with anger.

"That's not legal though. Why don't you go to the police?"

Levi laughs a little, "Because they could just deny it, baby." Right, that was a dumb question.

"You can stay at my place, Levi. I have an extra room as you know and you did say you liked my home." I try my best to convince him to stay with me. I want to help him out to show that I care.

Levi and I arrived at the bakery and my uncles smile grew widely when he say Levi. He was always fond of him and Crissy. "You have grown a lot since the last time I have seen you." I roll my eyes playfully at Uncle Gray.

"It's good to see you too, Mr. Anderson." Uncle Gray goes in for a hug, taking him in a tight embrace.

"Please, call me Gray." Levi gives him a hug back. I smile at them as they start to communicate more and more.

"Baby, we should get going." I nod my head getting ready to put my coat on.

"Baby? I thought he was your teacher, Scar." I laugh nervously at my uncle. "I don't disapproved who you are dating but remember how much this will get you both in trouble, okay? Try to keep it a secret." My nerves die down a little. I knew Uncle Gray would have been supportive even though it's not a real relationship but he doesn't need to know that.

"I know and we will. I love you and I'll see you tomorrow" I grab Levi's hand without thinking "it was good seeing you again, Gray. Have a nice night." We head to his car and get situated in. I told Levi that I will go with him to his house to pick up some thing and help pack up some things to bring over to my place.

"Thank you so much for doing this for me, Scarlett" he places his hand on my thigh, squeezing it a little.

"You don't have to thank me, Levi. You are a family...friend." I disliked the word friend when it came to Levi. I wanted to be more than just his fuck buddy but whatever. I'm so lost in thought that I just blurt out a question. "Why don't you want to be my boyfriend? Are you embarrassed to be seen with me?" Levi looks at confused a little. I turn my head to the front so I don't look at him. I probably sounded desperate to him when that sentence came out of my mouth. Levi doesn't even answer my question, he just drives off in the direction of his house.