History and Gardening Lessons

Everything was nice after that little... mini breakdown, you could call it. He and Deo continued to walk around the area and different miniature nations and countries within the SMP. However, as he's said before, Deo is very fucking stupid and needs further explanation (or he just wants Tommy to keep talking, fucking simp.)
"It's such a simple concept Deo, you're just an idiot. Okay let's try again," Tommy tries to reason with Deo, " Think if Pangea- wait, no you're dumb let's do something different... never mind-Pangea it is! So think of the first ever continent to exist in history according to scientists, known today as Pangea.It's like that, but probably one thousand percent smaller bc it's all under one nation —SMP as a whole," Tommy explains.
"See, I'd have understood if you started with that, bird brain," Deo argues (he just wanted to keep listening to his sunshine speak.) Tommy turns to give Deo a look of doubt, and Deo just grins at him in return. "Ok, first of all, I'm no bird. Second of all, if I was I'd be a raven or a crow, because they're smart and can be taught to speak. Third of all, we're at what was once the amazing L'manburg," Tommy replies.
"L'manburg was merely a running joke between me and Wilbur Soot- you should remember him- while he and I ran a drug van disguised as a hot dog van. Soon enough Dream found out and threatened us with...war, I think. We, of course, found this unfair and fought for independence from the rest of the SMP. I won our independence by trading my discs, a gift from Wilbur that once held much emotional value. That eventually led to a whole separate war, but more in that later," Deo stops Tommy before he can continue his (L'manburg's) story.
     "And how old were you during all of this?" There's a silence that lets you know that he was too young. Deo decides in that moment to find a therapist for the poor boy, and as said by Steven Universe, that was just the early stuff.
        "As you can see, most of this land has been reclaimed by nature and because I'd prefer to not remember any wars right now, I will instead talk about the flowers here, and begin yelling if there aren't any specific flowers here that should be."
      This took Deo by surprise, Tommy, his Tommy, self proclaimed "biggest man," is interested in gardening and flowers? Odd, but he supposes that after so many years (or was it months?) of fighting that it's only reasonable to wish for the peace that flowers bring.
    He notices a specific flower, out of place among the rest. A singular sunflower, and although red poppies are Tommy's favourite, he resembles the sunflower a bit too much. He carefully picks it, so as not to disturb any seeds or flowers around it. "Here Tommy, a sunflower!" He awaits Tommy's response with a smile, ready for him to yell for trying to make "the big man" go all soft, and is instead met with silence.
     Tommy takes the flower, and inspects it with a careful eye. "What's this for," there's no way Deo would do this without reason, and he'll be damned if it was 'just a nice gesture' from the idiot. "I think that you're a lot like the sunflower," was the response he got. It was... unexpected to say the least.
    "How do you figure? I know for a fact that I don't bring good luck, and I don't think I'll have that long a life if the Smp's history is anything to go by," okay, so maybe he was the main reason for at least three of those wars, but still.
     Deo gives Tommy a look, knowing Tommy he probably saw it as a look of pity, but it was actually a look of concern. Now, Deo is no flower expert, and as far as he knew sunflowers were just that, sunflowers. "It's because you're tall and lanky, and can make people smile. Also because you're the sun in my life, like in that one children's song."

A/n: As you can see my names Aerie now!
That's because I'm nonbinary, and use They/it/avi pronouns :D
     ————-Aerie