God Pities the Poor, But Adores the Fool

Tommy knows how much of a hassle building can be, especially when you're trying to make an actual house instead of a half-assed dirt hut. Building just about any kind of establishment is time consuming enough as is, not to mention the added stress of moving all your belongings around once your house is fully constructed. Safe to say, the whole damn project is far more stressful than the party had initially realized.
"Help build a house,' they said. 'It'll be useful,' they said," Deo grumbles as he watches fire turn sand into glass. Poor chap had the most tedious job between the three of them. Tommy laughes at the misery of his beloved. Deo, in turn, whips his head around to glare at Tommy, making childish faces as he does so. "That's enough, you two," Foolish lightly scolds from where he stood. This time, both Deo and Tommy decided to stick their tongues out at Foolish, who rolled his eyes at their antics.

"This is getting boring," one of them complained after an agonizingly long amount of time watching sand grains burn. Foolish sighed, following it with, "Have either watched or seen something interesting?"
Deo shook his head, considering he's been doing nothing but planning and building for quite some time now. Tommy's head shoots upwards in an instant. "I've been reading this interesting series," he starts. The other two expect him to continue, but he says nothing more on the matter, not until he's prompted to by Deo.
"Um, yeah I've been reading a pretty interesting series, plus picked up a few new games, so there's that," he states. Foolish nods, an indication for him to go on. Tommy aptly decides not to. Not like they can force him to talk either, since the sand was done transforming into glass.
"Tommy, please continue," the two say at the same time. Tommy says nothing, blankly staring at the ground before him. Somehow, between the time it took for him to speak, and whatever happened after brought back a memory.
He had no clue he even had such a memory. The gentle pastel yellow blurs, a voice softly crowing in the back. A loved one, maybe? Whoever it is asks him to keep talking, scared of what would happen if he didn't keep going.

And then the yellow is sharp. The voice is gravelly, but commanding. Stone gray surrounds him, and suddenly he can feel fingers digging into his skin. Maybe they're his, maybe not. He can't tell. The fingers are light, hurting him, but only enough to leave a mark that'll heal over in a few minutes at most.
Suddenly, the fingers gripping him are warm and calloused in a way that feels unfamiliar. He swears he can feel the sun glaring at his back, although the statement feels wrong. Is he outside? He's not supposed to be. He's on his knees, maybe he was gardening.
Yeah, that's it. He's outside his house and he's gardening, Dream is in his own little world or working on some random project, far away from Tommy...No. No, that sentence feels wrong, too. Dream is supposed to be close. Supposed to be with him, watching him. Dream is supposed to be his friend.

Foolish watches in terror, unsure what the proper response to this situation is. Sure, his mom's a therapist, but he sure as hell isn't. He, much unlike his mother, is not prepared to handle children randomly having panic attacks. That is most certainly not on his skill set.
Deo decides to dump their bucket of water on Tommy, much to Foolish's dismay. "What was that for," he pouts. Deo ignores him in favor of talking to Tommy. "So that series you've been reading? Why don't you tell me more about that," he suggests, anything to distract Tommy and bring him back to the present.
"Mhm. Yeah, the series..." Tommy trails off, slowly but surely coming back to his senses. "Oh! The series!" He exclaims, finally realizing where he is and what he is doing. "Honestly, there's so much to it that I'm not sure I can cover it all by just explaining," he chuckles at the end of his sentence.
"And what do you mean by that, exactly," Foolish inquires as he gathers the glass into his inventory. "There's the original or canon series. But the series has an alternate storyline called 'Beast,' and although it has no place in the canon storyline, it's still considered part of the canon by simply existing. There's also a collection of light novels that include more character information and background details that's not revealed or considered important enough for the actual series itself," Tommy explains, clearly excited about whatever this series is.

Foolish nods along, listening intently. Despite this, his thoughts were still preoccupied. Mainly with a certain pest that called itself a God. XD kept demanding to talk to the blonde, to hear his voice more and show himself somehow. Surely the fucker could figure out why that was a bad idea. Especially now.
But apparently not, considering that it is still pestering Foolish. There's only so much a man can take before he snaps. Even so, he supposes he'll let it continue if it keeps Tommy talking. He's never seen the kid so excited, especially since he was first escorted out of L'manburg. It's sweet, in its own way.

"And there's even a theory that.... Oh, I'm sorry, I've been rambling, haven't I," Tommy stops himself abruptly. He's been told he has the tendency to do that, and that it was annoying. He can't help it really, but he also knows that if he kept on that someone would have eventually snapped at him. He hates when that happens.
The look that Foolish gives him is hard to read, but it looks like pity. And that's even worse. He'd rather be hated than pitied. He can deal with other people's anger and hatred, he has been for a long while now. But pity is the one thing he could never handle, it always pissed him off to no end. Always has, always will.