Absence

Tommy gets up bright and early, and starts hunting down some poppy and sunflower seeds to start building a garden. Deo's up within the nect five minutes, and watching from the window of their shared bedroom.
      he knows that gardening is one of Tommy's many ways of de-stressing, so he decides he'll take care of most of the chores today. First thing to do is make breakfast, then worry about everything else after that.

     By everything else, Deo meant laundry or forming more sustaniable tools. Not Technoblade and Phil showing up at his doorstep. He sighs and throws the door open, his way of 'welcoming' them in before going to prepare tea and coffee.
       "What do you want," he asks. he has better shit to do, like be a loving and caring husband. Techno clears his throat, "Ah, we uhm... we came to return this to Tommy."
    Odd...last Deo remembered, Tommy hadn't left anything with Emerald Duo, but shrugs it off anyway. "Just leave it there, he'll find it eventually," he casually replies as he fills two cups with tea and one with cofee. He hands the bitter black coffee to Phil, a cup of tea to Techno, and adds lemon and sugar to the other tea- filled cup.
    Next thing they know, they hear the door open, an obvious sign that Tommy's home. Deo clears off his favourite old recliner and brings him the tea, a warm smile on his face. An oddly domestic and sweet sight from the two.
     Tommy casts a glance towards the table, on which lays a notebook, and raises his eyebrows slightly. Deo nods in response and tells hom what Techno said. Almost like they could read each others mind.
    Tommy takes a sip of his tea before gently setting it on the coffee table next to him. He picks up the notebook and flips through it, skimming through the pages before landing on an old poem. He closes the book sets it back down as though it were porcelian. "It's getting late, would you like to stay for dinner," he asks, no further commentary on the contents of the pages he's just read.
     Techno and Phil each nod a yes, and Tommy is back on his feet and cooking. They can hear him humming a tune from where they're sat, and they listen intently. He quickens the pace of his humming in time with the song until he too, is singing the verses.
    "Absence makes the heart go stronger, pray my baby will not squander, everything to gain by my leaving," he rushes the words with a conviction that none of them could ever match, before slowing down for the last line.
   He starts the last half of the verse, "And if I can return the favor, pray my baby always savors every moment we're both present,'' he finishes with the same gusto he had started with. They wait patiently to hear his vouce again, but can only hear whispers and mumbed words fall from his mouth.
     They strain their ears just long enough to hear him sing "Lover, please prepare fo rmy absence,'' and though the others brushed it off, Deo felt there was something off with the way he delivered.
   Like there was a sense of finality to it, a message meant for him, and only him to hear. A code woven into the beauty of song for him to decipher, a deeper meaning that, if it were anybody else, would have fallen on deaf ears. A warning that had managed to escape even the most analytical of men, yet reached the one person that it needed to.

A/n: parents found out im nonbinary
and still misgender/deadname me so
take this. Have fun gremlins