Chapter 10

The engagement banquet between Li Jincheng and He Zhenxuan was held as scheduled, and the place was chosen at the mansion of the He family in Repulse Bay.

    Looking at the people in the hall talking and laughing at Yan Yan, Li Jincheng finally understood He Zongtong's deep meaning.

    He did this because he wanted to affirm his status from the side and introduce himself to everyone at the same time.

    But it can be seen that most of the people who appeared at the banquet are young, between 20 and 40 years old. If Li Jincheng is right, these should be Uncle He Zhenxuan and his generation, as well as He Zhenxuan’s relatives and friends. .

    This made Li Jincheng a little confused. On the one hand, He Zongtong took an enlightened attitude toward He Zhenxuan's sexual orientation. On the other hand, he seemed to take his own face into consideration and didn't want to make this matter known to everyone.

.At the beginning of the banquet, he glanced at He Zhenxuan next to him. Li Jincheng said, "Why did your grandfather agree to marry a man? When you came out with them, didn't they say you?"

    He Zhenxuan dressed more formally today, with a silver-gray western-style white shirt. The sleeves of the shirt are slightly longer than those of the jacket. The neckline is a pure black silk handkerchief. The tailoring and texture of the clothes make him handsome and meticulous at the same time.

    This meticulousness includes his temperament and even his hairstyle.

    Li Jincheng wears the same clothes as him, which is also one of the reasons why he feels awkward.

    He Zhenxuan was in a good mood this night. When Li Jincheng asked him, he couldn't help but laugh, saying: "I am 28 years old this year. Since I discovered my sexual orientation, I have fought with my family for almost 13 years. ."

."So it's my luck?"

    "You can say that." After a pause, He Zhenxuan said again: "We got engaged today, but none of your friends or colleagues came."

    There was no accusation in the tone, but there was a touch of regret.

    "I am different from you. I don't have your power and wealth, and I can't stand other people's rumors. I do this, but I don't want to make myself sad."

    Just like this engagement banquet, the same thing fell on him and He Zhenxuan, but in the eyes of others, it represented two completely different concepts.

    For He Zhenxuan, they would think that he was courageous, not afraid of the eyes of the world, as for themselves, they would never put themselves in the same position as He Zhenxuan.

.This evening’s engagement banquet, Li Yaozu, Song Wanru, and Li Jiajun were all invited to attend. They stood there, and even though the longing and expectation could not be hidden in their eyes, others would still consciously keep a certain distance from them.

    Because in the eyes of those people, Li Yaozu and Song Wanru sell their sons for prosperity, and Li Jiajun climbs the dragon and attaches the phoenix. These are all innocent behaviors.

    Li Jincheng's tone was plain, but the smile at the corner of his mouth seemed a bit mocking. Seeing him staring at his family, He Zhenxuan did not speak any more.

    He doesn't quite understand emotional matters, but he clearly knows that unless he loves the other person to a certain degree, no one has the courage to be honest about his sexuality in front of others.