•ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴀɪɴ•

"What happened Jiya?"

"No_nothing! A_Actully I didn't know you're married and he is your baby. You never told me" She managed to speak coming out of her trance. Her heart was clenching with the unbearable pain and it was slowly reflecting by her eyes.

"Maybe I forgot. Once again thank you so much"

"It_it's alright. I_I'm going now. Bye!"

She turned around to leave but something stopped her. She titled back her head and saw Shravan's teary eyes, he held the end of her hair in his fist and was requesting not to go.

"Mumm__mumm!" Again he called her with the same name. Shivansh looked towards him in surprise. He never uttered this word before as Pari was not with him when he was learning to talk.

"Baby! I'm not your mother" Jiya was disheartened by the revelation and it was too hard to stand in front of Shivansh for more time. Freeing her hairs from Shravan's grip she left from there hurriedly.

After her leave Shravan started crying loudly. He had become very close to her in sometime and now she was leaving him. "Mumm! Mumm!" He cried but she had already left.

"Shravan, she isn't your Mumma. Don't cry baby, Please" Shivansh diverted his attention and took him inside with him.

❁❁❁

The slow steps with mind full of someone's thoughts and heart holding pain, finally Jiya reached her home. She managed her facial expressions in manner to hide them from her brother and mother.

Today without looking here and there she motioned towards her room. Thankfully none saw her and she successfully reached inside. Closing the door behind she jumped on the bed, her face buried in the pillow and soon the sniffling voices was heard.

The bitter truth hurt her very badly, she dreamt about her whole life with him but this truth, that he was married! Broke all her dreams.

Jiya sat up and wiped her tears as there is no need of sheding tears. It's not like she expressed her feelings, whatever she thought was only one sided and her own imagination but still it was paining. Though her feelings were clenching her heart.

"Jiya!"

"Haa mumma"

Jiya replied to the third call of her mom. Before stepping outside she walked to the washroom and cleared her face as she didn't want to sacre her mother by her tears. Masking a charming smile on her face she goes out.

"What happened mumma?"

"First you tell me, what did you do this late?" Aparna asked worriedly as she threw her arms around her neck and kissed on her cheek.

"I was sleeping"

"That's good. By the way, tomorrow one of my friends is coming home" Aparna smiled widely.

"Aren't you over excited" Jiya wiggled her eyebrows while folding her arms around her chest.

"Yes, because she is coming after long. You might've forgotten. When you were a kid, she used to come here with her little girl. That girl is older than you, maybe she is married now_"

"Okay, okay! I got it about your friend's story. Now I wanna eat. Give me food"

Jiya pulled her mother towards the dinning table and called her brother too. Her mind diverted because of the new raised topic.

❁❁❁

The chirping of birds grew up once the windows slided. Cutting the way through the gap between curtains the sun rays entered inside directly falling on the small figure resting on the broad bed.