Chapter eighteen

The train finally came to a stop at hogsmeade station and everyone started to pile onto the platform, Cassiopeia stiffened out of fear that she would get lost in the crowd but was instantly calmed by her nephew linking his arm through hers. She looked at him and smiled.

"Firs'-years! Firs'-years! Firs'-years over here!" They heard a loud voice boom.

"That's the oaf I was telling you about" Draco said to Cassie earning him a smack to the back of the head.

"Come on looks like we're following him" she rolled her eyes and followed after the really large man who towered over anyone she'd ever met.

As they walked down a narrow path almost the whole group was silent other than Blaise and Theo who were picking stones of the floor and throwing them into the swarm of children trying to rile them.

"Will you two idiots stop it or we'll get expelled before we've even got over the lake" Pansy called to them as she came up the other side of Cassie and intertwined their hands.

The narrow path opened into the bank of the black lake and all around cassies group were quite a lot of shocked sounds like they'd never seen something as beautiful before. Cassie had seen pictures of course but it really was a stunning view of the magnificent castle that sat comfortably on the side of the mountain.

"No more'n four to a boat!" The giant man shouted as kids started to climb into the rickety boats.

In all of the fuss they seemed to get separated from Neville and Cassie frowned as she looked around for him but she was pulled into a boat by Pansy followed by Draco and Blaise.

Theo shouted out, "really guys come on"

as he had to get in a separate boat with Crabbe and Goyle who was nursing one of his fingers, they were followed by a girl who was obviously on her own and looked quite nervous to be in a tiny boat with three boys. The girl tightened the dark pony tail on her head and then looked over to the boat that Cassie and the others resided in, she smiled sweetly and then gripped on to the sides of the boat as the word "forward!" Was shouted.

"What's goyle done to his finger" cassie asked Draco gesturing to the other boat.

"Oh it's nothing we just had a bit of a run in with that Harry Potter, absolute prat he is. He got he's weasel of a mate to set his rat on poor goyle" he said sharply.

"For the love of merlin Draco I leave you alone on the train and your causing arguments already" she shook her head.

He rolled his eyes and they both carried on looking at the castle and the lake. All four kids in cassies boat had bright smiles across their faces and Draco elbowed his auntie in the side gently "we made it Cass" he grinned.

Cassiopeia was to distracted by the movements in the water and didn't hear the large man shouting for everyone to put there heads down and she was smacked in the face by a curtain of ivy.

"Fucking hell" she shouted grabbing the attention of the surrounding boats. She simply smiled and mouthed sorry to the man who was giving her a disproving look.

Everyone climbed out of their boats and as cassie was the last to get out of hers she misstepped and tripped over rocks piled on the floor. As she felt her body falling she thought to herself 'great I'm actually about to fall in the lake' but like a miracle a hand slithered around her back stopping her from falling. Once she'd been pulled into the chest of her saviour she opened her eyes to see Theo with a smug smile on his face.

"Saved you" he half laughed.

"Oh piss off Theo" she swatted away his arm.

As they went to walk after the group cassie looked back to the boats and let out a Yelp.