Chapter twenty nine

Cassiopeia felt very confident when she had finished her exams in June and so did her friends, Neville had worried a lot but the gang helped him believe in himself a little more. There was still a few days left in the school year but no classes as the first year exams had all finished so it was very relaxed around the castle if you tuned out all the older students. Cassie was also trying her very best to ignore the fact that she had been having more episodes when she was around Quirrell or harry, it was almost like since she had the nightmare of Voldemort they had increased.

Cassie, Pansy and Blaise were sitting by the lake sharing some ice cream that had been kindly given to them by the house elves down in the hogwarts kitchen, Blaise had also be trying to teach Cassie how to skip rocks so far she had only managed to disturb the fish whilst Blaise skipped them perfectly.

"I've given up, how have I been defeated by rocks" cassie frowned as she threw herself to the floor next to Pansy who was making daisy chains in between spoonfuls of ice cream.

"If you want to be on the quidditch team next year your gonna need to do better than that" Blaise laughed as he waved behind the girls.

Cassie's eyes followed Blaises, Neville and Theo were both walking down from the castle towards them.

"Hitting a ball is not the same as throwing a rock so it bounces of the lake" cassie continued the conversation.

"So your set on being a beater?" Theo asked as he sat down next to her and stole the ice cream she was about to eat.

She hit him shoulder making him laugh and grin at her, "it's the position best suited to me, I'm good at hitting things" she shrugged.

"That's what your basing it off" Neville widened his eyes at the girl.

Cassie nodded, "I don't have the patience to be keeper or seeker they sit still too much, and to be honest chasers are just beaters without the fun" she smiled.

"The fun?" Blaise finally sat down with them.

"Mhm" she mumbled with ice cream in her mouth, "I get a bat" she grinned mischievously.

"I doubt snape would let you wield a bat, never mind his robes catching fire you'd aim a bludger straight at his head" Blaise laughed.

"You know I'm pretty sure it was hermione that set his robes on fire" Pansy said making Cassie gasp and swat her arm.

"Well your not wrong" Neville looked at Pansy and she smiled.

"I knew it, I heard her thinking about it" Pansy exclaimed then quickly turned to Cassie to stop her swatting her again, "that was way before you enforced your new rules"

"Fine I'll let you off" cassie sighed.

A while later draco found them and the six of them spent the rest of the day the way they had started it only going back up to the castle for lunch and dinner.

The next day Emmeline had invited Cassiopeia for dinner to say goodbye before the summer break so Pansy helped her pick a nice outfit rather than the usual workout attire she'd wear, a light green floral dress and a cardigan over it was what they settled on. She said goodbye to her friends in the common room and Draco and Theo walked her to Dumbledore's office, the headmaster gave her a warm smile when she made her way into the office.

"enjoy yourself and don't be back too late Miss Black" he chimed as he got the fireplace ready.

"Thank you professor, see you soon" she grinned as she stepped through the flames.

The second she came out the other side she was greeted by Emmaline who was sitting on the couch, "Cassie! i'm so glad you could make it" the older witch gave the younger a hug.