Chapter twenty eight

Blaise Zabini's birthday was fast approaching as the weeks flew by for the students of Hogwarts. His birthday was on the 21st of April and it had snuck up on the friend group rather quickly as they felt like they'd only just celebrated Theo's in the febuary. The Slytherin five and Neville had been in the library almost every day after classes preparing for the end of year exams, they'd decided to work in pairs which was Dracos idea so they kept their focus.

Cassiopeia and Pansy immediately paired up and Theo paired with Blaise leaving Draco with Neville, it was probably best because Draco was the best and explaining things and though none of the group would admit he was the smartest when it came to exams. Cassie assumed it was because he worked well under stress, due to the fact he stressed himself out far too often.

The group were quietly studying in the back of the library, Cassie was hopelessly staring in to an empty spot on the carpet whilst her mind worked. She was imagining what her life would be like if Voldemort was still around. Her stomach was turning at the thought. she was brought back to reality when her arm was shook by Pansy.

"sorry what where you saying?" Cassie blinked heavily trying to get her eyes back in focus.

"Hermione's been trying to get your attention from over there for the last five minutes" Pansy pointed her head in the direction of a bookshelf that divided groups of tables.

"oh, I'll be right back" she kissed pansy on the cheek and walked away from her friends.

Hermione was sitting with Potter and Weasley to no surprise, so Cassie stood at the end of the table and smiled to the frizzy haired girl. She pulled out the chair next to her and gestured for Cassie to sit, not wanting to be rude she took the seat glaring over at Harry as she did.

"What's up" Cassie questioned putting a smile on her face.

"I was- well we were just wondering, what do you know about professor Snape?" she looked intensely focused.

"Well he's a prick if that's what you mean" she shrugged as Hermione's eyes widened dramatically at Cassie's language.

"Cassiopeia!" She scolded making Ron snicker.

"We were thinking more, do you ever notice him lurking and disappearing for hours at a time" Harry added as he rubbed his head where his scar was located, clear it was irritating him.

Cassie scratched at her chest feeling the same irritation and frowned at the green eyed boy. "All's he does is lurk, he's creepy." she shrugged looking back at Hermione and ignoring the boy's, "And I know he used to be involved in all sorts of dark activities if that's any better"

"See Hermione I told you something was off with him" Harry said as he looked from the girls to Ron.

"When I realised who he was back at the start of the year it baffled me why in Salazars name Dumbledore would allow him to work here, he's not really... child friendly. I guess." Cassie carried on only talking to Hermione whilst trying to ignore the pain in her chest.

"But if Dumbledore trusts him I think we should too" Hermione stated looking over the table to her friends.

Cassie leaned back in her chair and sighed, "My oldest sister was a known death eater" she grimaced slightly at the words, "and when she would host for guests Snape was in attendance a few times, I weren't allowed to know what they were up to though"