Chapter thirty one

The sorting ceremony flew by and Blaise's new step siblings looked rather pleased with their houses, Rowan was sorted into Ravenclaw and Dominic was sorted into Slytherin which even made Blaise crack a smile. Cassiopeia then zoned out not listening to the announcements that Dumbledore had to make, she figured there wouldn't be anything important.

Once the feast began everyone tucked in, as Cassiopeia looked around the hall she noticed a rather distraught Hermione being comforted by Neville. The young girl nodded over to Neville who shrugged, Cassie noticed something fly past one of the windows and she turned to Pansy who was on her right.

"Did you just see that" she pointed to the window.

"See what?" Pansy looked to the window.

"Something just flew past"

"It was probably just a bird" Pansy shrugged.

Cassie stabbed at the food on her plate until they were dismissed, the second they were told to make there way to their dorms she ran over to Neville and Hermione.

"Mione, are you okay?" She questioned rubbing the girls shoulder.

"I'll be okay, I just- I can't find Harry or Ron anywhere. They weren't on the train and they're still not here" she frowned.

"I'm sure they'll turn up, have to asked the twins?"

"Good idea, Neville could you come with me?" Hermione turned to the flustered boy.

"Yeah of course" he smiled before turning to Cassie and giving her a hug, "see you tomorrow"

Cassie turned towards the dungeons about to make her way down when she noticed a first year looking rather lost, the first years we're supposed to stay with their house prefect and this girl was alone. Apprehensively she walked over to the smaller girl who's white blonde hair went right down to her hips even tied in a braid.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" Cassie asked.

"Oh- I wouldn't say lost" the blonde turned with a bright smile on her face. "I got separated from my prefect and I'm not sure where about my house is" she said as she carried on looking at portraits calmly.

Cassie looked to her tie which was blue, Ravenclaw, "well I'm Cassiopeia but you can call me Cassie, I could walk you up to the tower if you'd like" Cassie gave her a friendly smile.

"I'd love that" the girls eyes lit up, "I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood"

"It's nice to meet you, come on Ravenclaw towers this way" cassie took the girls hand and pulled her towards the nearest set of stairs.

It didn't take long for the two to reach Ravenclaw tower and Luna looked as though she didn't really care that she had gotten lost, she stopped to say hello to all the portraits they walked past and Cassie thought it was bizarre as most people just ignored them completely.

"Here we are" Cassie waved her arms at the entrance to the tower, "now I've heard that you have to answer a riddle to get in, will you be okay?"

Luna nodded, "I'll be okay from here, thank you for helping" she smiled as she wrapped her arms around the older girl making Cassie freeze slightly before patting her back.

"I'm sure I'll see you around, don't hesitate to come to me if you ever need anything" cassie gave the girls hand a squeeze, "nice meeting you"

"It was lovely to meet you too, bye Cassie!" The blonde waved as Cassie headed back down the corridor.

When Cassie got back to her dorm the gang were all waiting on one of the couches, she told them about helping Luna find her way to her common room and about Harry and Ron being missing when they overheard some sixth years talking.