Chapter twenty seven

In Cassiopeia's defence it was funny, that was how she was telling the narrative to her friends on the hogwarts express. When she'd flung herself into the compartment of the young slytherins and Neville followed by her nephew, they all gasped in shock. Cassie had a giant cut from her temple stretched to the point of her jaw, it was still bleeding and it was clearly a fresh wound. Each of the gang started to talk over one another until Blaise stood from his seat.

"One at a time people, salazar sake my brain just nearly fell out" he exclaimed holding his head between his hands.

"Cass what on earth have you done to your face?" Neville inspected his friend with worried eyes.

"Oh here we go" Draco sighed and sat himself next to Neville giving the boy a small smile.

Cassie started telling her friends what had happened, how Hermione had owl'd and asked if she had any old history books on a certain alchemist. She had indeed remembered seeing a few when Draco was organising the shelves in the library, so the night before the train journey back too hogwarts she snuck into the library and 'borrowed' the ones she could find. When Draco and Cassie were getting ready to leave for kings cross Lucius had seen them sticking out of her bag and tried to take them from her. She used her short height to her advantage and dropped to the floor sliding between her brother-in-law's legs causing him to fall over, Lucius then proceeded to chase the girl around the manor before she strategically ran into the living room that Narcissa was setting up the floo in. She shouted for Draco to bring her things with him then grabbed a handful of powder from the pot on the table and jumped through shouting 'Kings cross station' as she threw the powder into the flames.

Of course Cassiopeia being Cassiopeia had anything but a smooth landing. The jump she started back at the manor had carried on through the floo, she sent herself flying across the room and went face first into the corner of a bench. A very sharp cornered bench. When Narcissa and Draco came through a minute later Cassie was sitting on said bench with a grin plastered across her face whilst blood trickled down it.

"Cassiopeia Black why must you be so horrible with him?" Narcissa asked her sister rhetorically while she tired to inspect the cut.

"Well big sister, your the one that married that moronic wanker" she flashed another grin and took Holstien and her trunk from draco, speeding off in the direction of the howarts express.

Cassie finished her retelling of the story and clapped her hands together. She wiped at the cut on her face and pulled blood covered fingertips away making a disgusted face at them. "Anyone got a plaster?" She looked around the compartment to all of her friends staring at her in awe besides draco who was bashing the back of his head against the wall and groaning.

"Come on lets go and see if the trolly witch has anything for it" Theo stood and took Cassies hand to drag her behind him.

"What good's she gonna be able to do?" Cassie scrunched her face up at the taller boy.

"Well love if she doesn't have a plaster of some sort, i can always buy myself a chocolate frog to make up for walking all the way down the train" He shook his head laughing slightly.

Cassie just shrugged and grabbed her bag from the floor. "We can find Hermione on the way i need to give her the books i very well nearly lost an eye for" She was now dragging Theo and he just smiled softly following after her.

Cassie and Theo found the trolley witch before they found Hermione, the old woman didn't have a plaster or bandage of any kind but she did have some wipes. Theo helped her wipe the blood away and held on to the back of her head when she wriggled about.

"Stay still or it'll hurt more" he gave her a strict look.

"Sorry mr medic" she joked with a smile on her face.