Chapter thirty two

Later on in the week the slytherins held quidditch tryouts, Draco of course had already been promised the seeker spot because Lucius had bought the whole team brand new brooms. Cassiopeia strode up to the pitch holding her own broom that she'd bought herself and huddled with the other students that were also trying out. Most of them were older and obviously had heard about Cassie's outburst on the first night back so none of them would look directly at her.

"Cassiopeia Black!" Flint shouted waving her over.

The girl walked over with her head held high smiling at Draco who was standing with the rest of the team behind Marcus Flint, the slytherin captain.

"Okay your up, ready?" He nodded signalling for the team to get in position.

"Of course" Cassie shrugged mounting her broom and picking up a beaters bat.

She shot up into the sky to meet the other players, a whistle blew from below them and the 'game' started. Cassie weaved around players and the minute she spotted a bludger heading straight for someone on her team she dove infront of them holding up her bat and knocking the bludger back in the direction it came, it smacked right in the chest of the person who had send it there way and she smiled proudly.

When Cassie was on a broom it was like being in an alternate universe, she was calm and agile and not at all clumsy like she was on her feet. She blocked every single bludger that threatened to knock any of her team down. When it was near the end of her try out she knocked one final bludger right in the path of a mid flight quaffle and it went right through the goal. Everyone burst into cheers making the girl grin ear to ear.

Landing back on the pitch softly she winked over to the other students that were about to try out for the one open beater position, then walked over to Flint who actually had a smile on his face.

"You've got moves, Black" he patted her on the back a few times.

"Well your not wrong" she laughed.

"Come on Flint, you know we're not getting better than that" an older boy who was a chaser on the team said with a grin.

"Got to give everyone a fair chance I can't play favourites" Flint nudged Cassie.

"Well done Cass" Draco came up beside her pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks" she smiled.

"You'll know by next week if you have the position" Flint said as he walked over to pick the next person out of the try out group.

"See you later" Draco waved to his auntie as she walked of the pitch.

By the time Cassie had changed and gotten a quick shower Pansy, Neville, Blaise and Theo were waiting outside all with massive grins on their faces. Pansy engulfed her with a hug and spun her around.

"You did amazing!" Pansy exclaimed.

"Thank you" Cassie grinned.

"Cass you looked great up their" Blaise said, he decided to wait another year to try out for the team because he claimed there was a better chance of getting a spot due to the fact a few of the team were graduating this year.

"Come on I'm starving" Cassie linked her arms between Pansy and Neville and pulled them towards the castle.

———————————————————

Cassiopeia had a smile on her face as she stepped through the floo in Dumbledores office, she had missed Emmeline more than she had expected too. The woman was waiting in her living room with tea and sandwich's, she stood and gave the younger witch a hug.