fifteen

murdoc struggled to unlock his front door, missing the keyhole a number of times. stu didn't bother help him out as he knew he would want to do it himself.

after some time he finally got the key in the door and managed to get it open. they stepped through to the livingroom, murdoc stumbling around trying to find the lightswitch.

he tripped up over a few unknown objects that were scattered throughout the darkness, but it wasn't long until they were submerged in light.

stu had quite the surprise seeing the state that murdoc had been living in. the place was a pigsty.

empty bottles and beer cans were everywhere. dirty laundry piled on the floor. there were even some questionable substances stuck to the furniture too. it was like a frat house.

"blimey mudz, this place is a tip!".

"I know I know, i'll sort it" murdoc mumbled drunkenly, trying to take his boots off.

2d walked into the apartment, inspecting the place further. he almost felt sorry for the man.

" 'ave you been lookin after yourself and 'ave you been eatin properly?" he asked as he discreetly slipped the newly purchased whiskey in the cupboard, so that murdoc couldn't drink it.

"kinda, yeah" murdoc shrugged tossing his shoes aside.

"why do you do this to yourself" stu helped him over to the couch.

"eh, do what?".

"make everythin' harder for yourself".

the older man hiccuped "i get that you're tryna look out for me but im fine, alrite. fine and dandy".

"hm" stu grunted.

he went through to the kitchen and made two glasses of water, taking them back into the livingroom.

"here" stu placed a glass on the coffee table.

murdoc was so out of it that he didn't question the drink and gladly gulped it down. probably thought it was vodka, bless him.

"you should get some rest mudz. i could go home so you can sleep" the bluenette suggested.

"uh, hang on hang on. it's too late to go now
a-and it's freezing out there" murdoc made up an excuse for him not to leave. "best thing to do is stay the night...probably".

"yeh alrite then" stu tried to hide his smirk.

he took a seat next to murdoc.

"what a coincidence, eh. me 'nd you bumpin into eachother like that tonight" murdoc smiled at the ground as he reminisced.

"yeah it was weird wasn't it" stu replied.

"i think that things like that...it's a sign yanno".

"a sign?" the lanky man repeated.

"yeah, like 'everythin' happens for a reason' or whatever that hippie dippie saying is".

stu slightly chuckled to himself "didn't think you'd believe in that type of stuff".