Chapter 14 - Scary men

TW! - MENTIONS OF RAPE

DAISY

I was freaking the hell out while I was eyeing the weapon. Is it real though? I mean it can be a fake gun from all I know because I've never seen a real gun in my entire life.

Exhaling a long, shaky breath I start to back away from the drawer.

Why does he have a gun?

Hundreds of questions popped into my head, but I knew that I shouldn't ask them.

Or maybe I should.

I don't know, I'm just probably overthinking as usual.

I took one more step back but this time my back meets with a hard, muscular chest and my heart skips a beat.

"What are you doing?" I hear his deep voice.

"N-nothing, I-i was about to go downstairs." Dammit, of course, I have to stutter right now.

And once I stutter I get more anxious and I start stuttering more.

"Is everything alright?" I hear Rowan from behind my back.

I'm too afraid to turn around because I know that my face will give away my shock.

But if I don't turn around then it'll get weirder.

So I do it.

I look at him, trying to put a smile on my face but even I feel that it looks as fake as it can be.

Damien's hard look is on my face, his eyes on mine trying to read something out of them. A few seconds later he sighs and clears his throat.

"Did you find anything? You look scared." He knows. Does he know? How would he know?

I gulp, intertwining my fingers in front of my body.

"No" I give him a short answer while glancing at my hands.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see him turning to Rowan.

"I keep a few of my guns here and totally forgot about them." My head snaps to his, my eyes going wide.

Guns? In plural?

"How... I.." Once I realized that I can't get out a comprehensible sentence, I took a deep breath, calming my screaming nerves. "Why do you have guns?" I question.

"Because of my safety of course." He gives me a short answer, but somehow I can believe him.

I glance at Rowan who's staring at me with a look I can not understand.

"We have to hurry Dam, they are waiting for us" He clears his throat and I furrow my brows.

"They? Who are they?"

Damien takes my hand inside of his and starts pulling me down the stairs before giving me an explanation.

"That's none of your concern, Daisy." When he sees the shock on my face, he adds: "Trust me, it's better if you don't know."

In a matter of a few minutes, we are sitting in his car on the way to my house when Rowan's phone starts to ring.

"Fuck" He curses before picking it up. "Yeah. Sure. Give us a few more minutes." He says to someone and I see Damien's fists gripping the wheel tighter.

"Shit. Damien, we don't have time to take Daisy back to her place. They are angrier than we thought. We have to go there right now." Rowan leans forward between our seats and I turn my face in Damien's direction.