Chapter 21* - Used

DAISY

"So, you are going to tell me who these men are, right?" I asked Damien with hope in my voice.

We were on the way to his house, Bacon's in her carrier at the backseat next to my suitcase, and my feelings were literally everywhere. I feel scared because the freaking mafia is stalking me. Sad, because I can't live my normal life for I don't even know how long, and last but not least, happy. I'm still trying to figure out why exactly, but I think it definitely has to do something with me moving to Damien's house.

Dang it.

Damien's jaw clenched after hearing my question, but then he finally answered.

"Ten years ago Rowan thought it'd be a great idea to open a sex club, so he came up with the idea of Vixen." He started, and my mouth formed a surprised 'o'.

I mean I kinda had a feeling that Rowan was some kind of boss there, but he owns it. Wow.

"He had the money for it because his uncle left enough for him after he died, but to open a BDSM club with all of those types of equipment and tools was even more expensive than Rowan first thought, so he had to stop for a little while to figure out how to make that much money..." He explained, and I tried to put the pieces together.

"He went to the mafia, didn't he?" I murmured, and Damien nodded while still staring at the road.

"Yeah. His uncle was a good friend of Alexius, so he thought it would be a great idea to make a deal with them. Eventually, he got the money, and Alexius said that now he owes him. Rowan thought he was talking about money, and he did try to pay them back for years, but Alexius is already very rich, so he said that he doesn't need that and he'll call Rowan when he needs something." Damien's fingers grip the wheel tighter, so tight that his knuckles turned white.

"But what does all of this have to do with you?" I furrow my brows.

He takes a deep breath before continuing.

"I first met Rowan when he asked for money from Alexius. I was there when they made the deal, and Alexius asked me to keep my eyes on him..."

"You worked for Alexius?!" I interjected, almost a bit loud.

A muscle in his jaw tickled again, and I knew he was annoyed.

"I still do." He tinned his lips.

My eyes bulged out of their socket from how shocked I was.

"What?" I turned to him with my whole body, but he ignored me.

"It didn't take us long to become very close friends, and Rowan made me the club's co-owner because I helped him with a lot of things. And somehow Alexius thought that because I became the co-owner I owed him too." He released an irritated sigh.

"But that doesn't even make any sense." I scrunched up my nose like I usually do when I don't understand something.

"Tell me about it." He scoffed, but then he continued, "Of course, I didn't want to leave everything to Rowan because I know how much of a piece of shit Alexius can be. For almost ten years he didn't want anything in return, until a few months ago. He called us and ordered us to kill a family because their father betrayed the mafia." He started driving faster as he was getting angrier and angrier.

"His whole family?" I whispered, and my heart ached for them. For the family, and Rowan and Damien.

"A five-year-old little girl, a seven-year-old boy, and their mother." He nodded and took the last turn to his house.