Chapter 15 - Possessive

DAMIEN

"I'm gonna kill them. I'll end their fucking useless lives with my bare hands." I screamed, smashing the punching bag with so much force that it almost fell out of its place.

"Calm down Damien, you know we can't do that." I hear Rowan's sigh from behind me and I stop the punching bag with my hands, turn around and shoot him my deadliest glare.

"And why the fuck not? It's only a matter of minutes till they will find out who Daisy is, and they're gonna go after her. We can't let that fucking happen." I curse.

The anger kept me awake and I called Rowan so we could come up with a plan. Daisy pretends to be okay, I know that she doesn't want me to blame myself, but who could I blame then?

"You can't go after the goddamn mafia. We have to make a new deal with them and tell them the truth about Daisy. You work for them and they have a code for their wives and girlfriends, everyone knows better than to touch them so maybe you could get this protection for Daisy too." Rowan's voice sounded hopeful, but I know his idea was absurd.

"They would kill Daisy the moment they find out that we've lied to them." That's the truth and he knows it. "I will do anything to protect her, even if it means staying away from her. I better have her safe somewhere else than to be selfish and keep her with me but also in danger. " I sit down on the chair next to me. I place my elbows on my knees, lean forward, and then rest my head on my hands.

"I don't think it's necessary yet. Just calm her down, be with her and we'll figure out something."

A look in Rowan's eyes is enough for me to tell that he feels the same as I do.

It feels like we are walking into our deaths.

But I would always choose death over what Alexius wants us to do.

Feelings are so weird

Especially when you can't understand them. It's like having a war inside my mind and I'm just a lost soldier who doesn't know which team they are with. There are also a few moments when it feels like the war ended and I'm standing alone on the battlefield, surrounded by blood and death.

And do you know what's more bizarre? That when I think of those men who were casually talking about raping me, and who were about to undress me against my will, I don't mind the thought of death.

No, I think they deserve to die.

And I'm not saying this because of self-pity. I can't imagine the number of the girls they ruined because I'm sure I'm not the first one. And definitely not the last one.

So I feel angry.

But the other part of me is frightened and I hate this feeling. I hate that they made me feel like that, and I hate the fact that Damien had to calm me down because I know that he blames himself.