Jess Mariano | 26

Imagine . . .

Comforting Jess after his breakup with Rory.

You've known Jess since diapers, but never have you ever seen him this heartbroken

You've known Jess since diapers, but never have you ever seen him this heartbroken. There you were, sitting across your best friend in silence. You knew you had to give him space, but there was just something telling you that you should stay. Even though Jess wasn't even looking you in the eyes at the moment, you knew that he needed someone to just be there with him.

"I miss her Y/N," Jess croaked, sniffling. He swung his soft brown eyes to meet with yours. Man, were they swollen from crying. It crushed you to see Jess like this. "Thanks for sticking with me. I really do appreciate it."

"Anytime Jess," You responded, moving from your seat to sit beside him on the couch. You began to rub his back. "I'll always be here for you no matter what."

"I know you would Y/N," Jess agreed, gently laying down across your lap. You smiled down at him. "That's why I love you so much."

You exhaled deeply. You loved him too, but you knew that Jess meant it in the friendly matter, while you meant it in the more than friends context. But you knew at this moment he didn't want a lover, but he wanted his best friend, and that was exactly what you were to him.

His best friend.