Shawn Hunter | 28

Imagine . . .

Shawn having a crush on you, and you're Cory's little sister.

It was only supposed to be something small. Shawn never intended his little crush on [Y/N] to explode into something enormous. The problem was, [Y/N] was Cory's little sister. Well, only by a few months. Cory still was extremely overprotective over her, and Shawn knew that Cory wouldn't be happy if he ever found out what he thought of his little sister.

On the other hand, you were head over heels over for Shawn. You were much too shy to say anything. Shawn would always be over at your house. Your heart would race whenever you saw him, and it would break whenever he left. At times, you felt like Shawn felt the same. You've caught him staring at you across the dinner table before.

It was clear for the Matthews family to perceive the feelings that you two had for each other, all except Cory. He was completely oblivious to the fact that you liked Shawn and Shawn liked you. It wasn't until tonight's dinner where Shawn just randomly blurted his feelings.

"I can't hold it in any longer [Y/N]," Shawn commented, dropping his utensils on the table. You were taken aback by his random outburst. "I thought it was just a little boy crush, but [Y/N], every time I see you, I want to ask you on a date. I like you [Y/N]. I just do. I can't help it."

The table fell silent. You slowly rotated your head to look at Cory who seemed to be living in his own little world. It was as if he didn't want to accept the fact that his best friend liked his little sister.

"Shawn I—"

"When were you going to tell me this Shawn?" Cory interrupted, finally speaking. Shawn looked at him. "[Y/N] is my little sister—"

"I'm only a few months younger than you are Cor," You interjected with an eye roll. "I'm not even that much younger. But you need to know that I feel the same way about Shawn, Cory. I like him too."

"Nope," Cory replied, frantically shaking his head. "There is no way I'm letting my best friend date my little sister. You're too young [Y/N]!"

"Stop being overprotective Cory! It's not like Shawn's intentions are bad," You defended, crossing your arms. Shawn nodded in agreement. "Just let us give it a shot together, please."

Cory heard the genuine beg in your voice. He sighed in defeat, before nodding his head. You smiled.

"Thanks Cory."