Gilbert Blythe | 12

Imagine . . .

Gilbert trying to ask you out on a date.

"Tell nobody?" anne asked, her eyebrows raised. "[Y/N]!‌ I don't know if you know, but I am terrible at keeping se—"

"Shush!‌‌ He is approaching us at this very moment."

A squeak released from Anne's throat as you quickly shoved your nose back into your book. The very second Gilbert stepped into your presence, you could already feel yourself sweating profusely from all the nervous tension.

"Good evening ladies," he greeted politely. He looked over at Anne with a kind smile. "hello Anne."

"I...I can't do this!" anne shouted, immediately grabbing her bag. Gilbert's eyes followed her movements as she walked around him and away. "I just can't!"

"Alright then?" gilbert spoke in bewilderment, his eyes traveling back to you, only to find you packing up your things too. "Oh come on, I can't be that scary [Y/N]."

You remained silent, because you knew the minute you opened up your mouth, complete nonsense would be the next thing to come out of your mouth. You froze as you saw his figure step in front of you in attempt of making an escape. You swallowed a lump in your throat and avoided his gaze.

"[Y/N], I came over here to ask a very important question," asked the black haired boy. "I was wondering if you were free tomorrow night? I would love to take you on a date."

"D-Date?" you stuttered, raising your eyes up to meet his. "I-I would love that Gilbert."