Ricky Bowen | 5

Imagine . . .

Avoiding Ricky because you've fallen for him and you're afraid of getting your heart broken again.

Ricky got a hold of Nini's shoulder and spun her around. "Nini," he spoke her name sternly. "I know you know why [Y/N] is avoiding me. Why won't you tell me?"

"She just doesn't want to talk to you right now Ricky," she said, hoping he would just let it go. "I think it would be best if you stayed away from her too."

"What did I do?!" ricky shouted aggressively, his eyes peering into Nini's. "[Y/N] is avoiding me with no explanation and I don't know why!"

"It's not something you did Ricky," a soft voice spoke behind him. He twisted around, and to his surprise, there you stood, your eyes fixated on the ground in shyness. "it's something I'm afraid you're going to do."

"What are you talking about [Y/N]?" ricky asked, now full on facing you. "I don't understand."

"I've fallen for you Ricky Bowen," you forced out, your stomach dropping. "and I'm terrified to get my heart broken again."

Ricky licked his lips. "[Y/N], hurting you would be the last thing I want to do," his hands reach out to hold yours. Your heart skipped a beat. "I would never break your heart. You don't deserve that," he lowered his eyes. "you never deserved to feel something like that."

Your bottom lip quivered as those words poured out of your best friends mouth. He took that opportunity and embraced you tightly. He was definitely the one for you.