I choose...You? || Chapter 1

Oh

Oh...My...GOSH! TODAY'S FINALLY MY 10TH BIRTHDAY! AND IM SO EXCITED!! You wanna know why?!
Professor Oak promised me that on my 10th Birthday, he'd finally give me my first Pokemon...Which means I can finally become a Pokemon trainer and go on my own journey!! In the Kanto region, kids can finally become Pokemon trainers when they become 10 years old, and Professor Oak is known for also giving those new trainers special starter Pokemon. He even said he had a special Pokemon just for me, and I'm so excited!!
"Sam, honey! You ready yet?" I hear my mom call for me downstairs.
"Yeah mom, give me a second!" I yell back to her, quickly stuffing a few items into my backpack, before zipping it up and rushing down the stairs. My mom looks down at me, a slight smile on her face.
"...Can't believe today's finally the day. You sure you don't want to have a Birthday party? Or any other gifts?" She asks.
"No mom, a Pokémon's the only thing I want today!" I respond. My mom smirks, grabbing a hat off a nearby table.
"Heh, I thought that's what you'd say..." She ruffles my hair a bit, placing the hat on my head. "I know you're going to be an amazing trainer, Sam...Now go to the lab and get your first Pokemon!"
"I will! Thanks mom!!" I dash out of the house in a hurry, forgetting to close the front door...
...Sorry mom, I'm just so excited! I hurriedly ran down the dirt path, quickly running past all my neighbors, down a path that led to the Professor's Laboratory...
Man...I wonder what kind've Pokemon the professor has for me...It could be one of the special starters he usually gives out...Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander...Or something even cooler!
Well, whatever Pokemon he gives me...I just know it's gonna be the best...Pokemon...EVER!!
BAM!! I arrive at the Lab, powerfully thrusting the doors open. I look around the small room, with other lab workers in there, working on computers, and other stuff...But for some reason, I didn't see Professor Oak...

"Yo, Sam!" Instead my face fell to a frown, spotting my rival, Blue, in the Lab instead

"Yo, Sam!" Instead my face fell to a frown, spotting my rival, Blue, in the Lab instead. Ugh...And he had that same cocky smirk on he always had. If you all want the short version of our story, Blue and I have always been rivals, since we were practically babies. And I knew it was going to stay that way when we both become trainers as well.
"Ugh, Blue..." I grumbled, rolling my eyes. "Where's Professor Oak?" I asked.
"You tell me. Gramps just ran off to Route 1, freaking out cause he found some rare Pokémon out there." Blue says, as he leans against a table. "He was gonna give me a Pokemon today, so I've just been waiting here since."
"Whoa, you too?" I asked.
"Heh, of course! I'm obviously ready to become a trainer already! After he gives you your Pokemon too, we gotta have a battle together! I'm sure my Pokémon's gonna kick your's butt!" Blue boasts, smirking.
"Whatever Blue." I simply roll my eyes at him, running out of the Lab. I ran down another path, making my way over to Route 1...
...Man, I wonder what kind of Pokemon was out here to make the Professor run off like this? I finally make it to Route 1, walking through the grass for a bit, until I immediately spot the Professor, who was hiding behind a rock.
"Professor, hey!" I get his attention, immediately running over to him.
"Ah, hello Sam! Be quiet for a moment..." Professor Oak immediately shushes me, motioning for me to hide behind the rock as well. I duck down, as we both carefully peek over the rock.
"See that over there?" Professor Oak whispers, pointing a close distance away...