Avalanche in the Rocky Tunnel || Chapter 12

Alright, today's the day, where I'm finally gonna get through the Rocky Tunnel, and into the next town! With the warnings that guard gave me yesterday though, I knew I had to be careful in here, so I bought as many potions as I could, and used my HM to teach Jigglypuff Flash... So now I knew I was ready!
I made my way into the tunnel, not being able to see a thing due to the pitch darkness, so I immediately sent Jigglypuff out...
"Jigglypuff, could you please use Flash?" Jigglypuff rose her arms upwards, creating a light that now allowed myself to see through the tunnel... It wasn't completely lit up, with a few areas that were still dark, but hey, it was good for me to get through this place, so I didn't mind. I hoisted Jigglypuff onto the top of my head, as we started making our way down the tunnel...
"AAAAAAAHHHH!! G-GET ME OUTTA HERE!!" But out of nowhere, a man came running from out of the darkness, screaming his head off as he ran past me, out of the tunnel.
RRRRrrrrrrummble... Then, I also heard a loud rumbling noise in the distance, which even shook the walls a bit as well.
"Aw geez... What the heck was that?" Me, Pikachu and Jigglypuff only exchanged silent looks of worry, all simply having the same thoughts and hopes in our head.
"Oh, Arceus... Please, don't let this tunnel collapse on top of us."

Sometime later...
I did my best to keep calm, continuing on down the tunnel, as I, surprisingly, found and fought a bunch of trainers. I thought this tunnel was gonna be empty because of all the warnings, but it was surprisingly more bustling then I thought... Hey, if all these trainers were down here, this place had to be safer then I thought, right? Besides, I hadn't heard any rumbling in a while, so I think I'm pretty safe for now, and you know what was on my mind? Catching some more Pokémon! That was another goal of mine, walking out of here with at least one new Pokémon... And that goal was definitely closer in mind then I thought...
"Geo! Dude!" As a Geodude suddenly popped out from behind a rock, curiously looking up at me.
"Whoa... A Geodude! You'll make for a good capture..." I dug through my bag, grabbing an empty Pokeball, but the Geodude was already running away from me. "Hey... Get back here!" I chased after the Geodude for a bit, but it must've crawled under a dark rock or something, cause I immediately lost sight of it.
RRRrrrumble... Then, I heard the familiar rumbling noise again, this time sounding much louder, as the sound was coming closer. I quickly ducked behind a rock, making Jigglypuff turn off her Flash, just in time, as I could barely make it out in the dark, what that noise was... A group of Onix, running away from another group of Pokémon.

 A group of Onix, running away from another group of Pokémon

Graveler. Both groups stopped, aggressively attacking each side, as I prayed that none of them would see spot me in the darkness...
"Squirtle! Squirt!" But suddenly Squirtle's Pokeball popped open, as he let out a loud cry. I quickly covered Squirtle's mouth, but not before the Onix stopped attacking, now alerted to us. The group of Onix looked towards my direction, leaning their heads down, inches away from finding me...
...But the Gravelers attacked the Onix again, diverting their attention away from us, as all the Onix started chasing the Gravelers, now out of sight. Man, that was a close one... I sighed with relief, standing back up as Jigglypuff turned on her Flash again...
"Pika pi..."
"Jiggly jiggly! Puff puff!" Pikachu grumbled at Squirtle with annoyance, as Jigglypuff heavily scolded him, Squirtle looking away with embarrassment.
"Squirtle, why'd you leave your Poke ball like that? You could've seriously gotten us all hurt! Or worse..." I scolded Squirtle, but he didn't respond, only keeping his upset expression as he stared at the ground.
"Squirtle..." I softened my voice, kneeling down to Squirtle's level. "You just wanted to fight those Onix and Graveler, so you could get stronger and evolve... Right?" Squirtle looked up at me with a surprised expression, like I had predicted exactly what he was thinking. "That day on the S.S. Anne, when I was talking about how proud I was of the others for evolving... You got pretty upset."
"Squirtle squirt..." Squirtle looked up at me, nodding a bit.
"Squirtle, don't worry, you'll be able to evolve just like the others..." I say, patting him on the back. "But you really gotta learn to start obeying me... I'm the trainer here, and I know what I'm doing! You just gotta learn to trust in me, and as long as we work together... You'll be able to evolve. Alright?" Squirtle was silent for a moment, before looking up at me, nodding. "Squirtle squirt."
"Thank you, Squirtle." I held up his Pokeball, smiling down at Squirtle. "Now please... Return, and don't come back out unless I tell you too... Don't want those Onix crushing us, heh."

Sometime later...
I continued making my way down the tunnel safely, battling a few more trainers. At this point I had now walked pretty far into the tunnel, and I'm sure I was gonna find my way out of here soon... Or, atleast I hoped I would. As I made my way down the tunnel, I once again spotted a Geodude, and I think it was the same one I was chasing earlier, as well... The Geodude didn't notice me though, as it had its back turned... Yes, now was really my chance... I slowly crept up on the Geodude, getting closer as I readied a Pokeball...
"Jigglypuff! Use Water Gun!!" Jigglypuff quickly attacked, Geodude flopping to the ground, as I chucked a Pokeball at him...
...1 shake...
...2 shakes...
...3 shakes...
...Click!
"Yeah, we did it! Great job, Jigglypuff!" I high fived Jigglypuff, as I picked up Geodude's Pokeball...
"Pika! Pika pi..." Pikachu then started nervously squeaking, pointing at something behind us.
"Pikachu, what's u-" I froze when I saw what Pikachu was looking at... All the Gravelers from before were all surrounding us, all glaring fiercely at me in particular.
"Aw geez... Um, by any chance was... This Geodude a part of your group? Heh, this is awkward..." The Gravelers didn't pay attention to anything I was saying, only stepping closer as they readied to attack me...
"...RUN!!" Before they could do anything, I hopped over the Gravelers, running away as fast as I could, as I could hear the Gravelers chasing me. While we were getting chased, we ended up running past the group of Onix as well, who all quickly started chasing me and the Graveler as well. While they were all chasing us, both groups attacks mercilessly, whether it was aiming their attacks at me, the other group, or both... Both groups were attacking in a blind rage, and as they attacked, many of their attacks missed, the brute force shaking the walls as the whole tunnel rumbled and shook, as small and large bits of stone started crumbling and falling off of the walls... And in that moment, I knew what was about to happen...
"ITS AN AVALANCHE!! RUN!!" A dangerous amount of rocks were flying off the sides like rain, burying and covering the paths behind us, as we kept running, the Onix and Graveler still chasing us for some reason... My heart was practically pounding in my ears, and I felt like it was it for me in that moment...
... Until I saw a bit of light, filtering out from a small exit in the far distance. Yes, I wasn't so doomed after all! Just... A little more... Ugh, I just wish these Onix and Graveler would get off my back for one... Freaking... Second!
"Jigglypuff! Use Water Gun! And Pikachu, you use Thundershock!"
Both attacked the Onix and Graveler, but barely did any damage, only angering them even more... Geez, what else was I supposed to do right now?! Hmm... I looked up at the ceilings for a bit, noticing a gigantic rock that was close to breaking off... And it was right between my and these Onix and Graveler...
"Jigglypuff, Pikachu! Attack again, but aim at that rock!" Pikachu and Jigglypuff quickly attacked, making the rock fall and collapse onto the ground, separating me from the wild Pokémon. This only made the tunnel shake and start to collapse even more, so I quickly scooped up Pikachu and Jigglypuff, running towards the exit, and practically leaping out of there... Just in time too... As inside of the tunnel completely collapsed, now burying the exit.
"Man... That was a close one..." My breath was heavy with exhaustion, as Jigglypuff and Pikachu whimpered nervously, both clutching themselves onto me. "I'm just... Glad we're all ok." I patted the two on the head, catching my breath as I stood back up, looking at my surroundings. Now we were in a smaller, rocky area, where I could see it in the close distance... The next town...
...Lavender Town.