Blue's mysterious eeveelution! || Chapter 21

Hey, it's me, Blue! Heheh, bet you didn't expect to see me today instead, did you? Yup, that's right. Today is gonna be focused on me, instead of that loser, Sam! I have no idea what he's been up to lately, but I'm sure you'd all rather see what an experienced trainer like me is up to instead! After all, I have been doing a lot of training lately, so I'm clearly the better trainer around! Yup, I've been doing so much training lately, that I'm totally gonna kick Sam's butt the next time we have a battle! It's what he gets for rejecting my battle invitation at Silph Co.
Well, ugh, actually, to tell the truth... My team isn't exactly perfect just yet. I've caught a lot of Pokémon, but I still have yet to find the perfect Pokémon to fill up the last slot on my team. I've caught so many, but I'm sure I'll find the perfect teammate eventually! After all, I have filled over 60 pages in my Pokédex. Gramps is gonna be so proud of me, heh...
...But there's still one Pokémon I really want, that I have yet to find... A freaking Cubone! I was thinking about adding one to my team, but I can't find the dang Pokémon anywhere! I know they're supposed to be in Lavender Tower, but the last time I was there, I couldn't find one... But hey, I'm not giving up just yet! Today, I finally decided to head back to Lavender Town, and I'm gonna try and look for a Cubone again! Urgh, I would've done this sooner, but just between you and me... This town really creeps me out! Not like I'd ever admit that to anyone else, though. Gotta keep up my tough exterior...
...Well, anyways, I was at the Lavender Town Pokémon center, hanging out in the lobby as I brushed my Eevee's fur. I was planning on going on Lavender Tower after this, but I really wanted to brush Eevee's fur first. He always really enjoyed this, so I try and make sure to brush him almost every day. It helps out a lot with his confidence too!
"Does that feel good, Eevee?" I asked, Eevee responding with a soft purr, as he nestled himself into my lap.
Hmm... Eevee's a pretty powerful Pokémon, but I'm still having one problem with him... I have no freaking idea what I wanna evolve him into! Man, there's so many options, but I gotta be 100% sure about the one I want. I already have Gyarados on my team, so I probably won't choose Vaporeon. I probably don't want a Flareon either, especially since I just evolved my Growlithe into an Arcainine. I could evolve him into a Jolteon, which would make an interesting rivalry with Sam's Pikachu... Or, maybe a brand new, undiscovered eeveelution! Being the first person to discover a brand new eeveelution would be pretty cool, and I know Gramps would like that...
"Oh my goodness! An Eevee! So adorable!" My thoughts were interrupted hearing a bunch of girls pointing and smiling at my Eevee, all excitedly approaching me. "Your Eevee is so adorable! Can I pet him?!" The girls reached their hands forward...
"Hey!" But I quickly backed away, glaring at them. "Nobody's allowed to touch my Eevee but me! I don't need anyone wrecking his fur..." I stood up, quickly retuning Eevee back to his Pokeball, walking out of the Pokémon center before the girls could say anything. Man... The nerve of some people! Well, anyways, that doesn't matter now... Now, it's time to head off to Lavender Tower!

Sometime later...
I finally got all my stuff ready, finally making my way over to Lavender Tower... Man, I felt my skin crawling just being in here again, but... I gotta tough it out, and find a Cubone. It's now or never... I'll just... Avoid other people, and strange noises, and I should be fine. Atleast, I hope so...
I slowly made my way up the first couple of floors, carefully creeping around, but still not finding a Cubone...
POP!!
"WHAUGH!!" When suddenly Eevee's Pokeball popped up, Eevee staring up at me as he wagged his big, fluffy tail. "Yeesh, Eevee! Why'd you do that?! You scared the life out of me!"
"Eevee... Vui..." Eevee had a soft smile on his face, purring softly as he rubbed himself against my legs. "Wow, you're extra affectionate with me today..." I say, chuckling. "Is there something you want from me or something? Or do you just wanna hang out with me?"
"Eee vui!" Eevee purred happily, nodding yes.
"Heh, alright then... I'll let you hang out with me a bit..." I say, obliging. "But only because you're so cute!"
"Eevee! Vui, vui!" Eevee happily jumped up and down, suddenly running forward down the room.
"Eevee, w-wait! Come back here!" I quickly ran after Eevee, stepping in front of him as he stopped in his tracks. "Eevee, slow down... I-It's not a good idea for you to run around in here..." I paused, looking around as Eevee looked up at me with a curious expression. "This place? It's filled with a lot of creepy things that could attack you out of nowhere! N-not like I'm scared of any of this stuff though..." I say, picking up Eevee. "So don't worry, I'll help keep you safe from all the weirdos in here, alright?"
"Eee... Vui! Eevee, eee vui!" Eevee suddenly started squeaking nervously, pointing and looking at something behind us.
"Hm? What is it, Eevee?" I turned around, looking at whatever Eevee was pointing to... And saw some creepy old lady standing a bit too close to me, with a blank, wide eyed expression.
"AGH!! Wh-what the heck?!" I panicked, taking a few steps away from the lady. "Man, you're a creepy old lady... What the heck do you want?!"
"Give... Me... Blood..." The lady groaned quietly, making a chill run down my spine.
"Wh-what? N-no... I..." I continued backing away, the old lady taking a few steps towards me, keeping the same creepy expression on her face.
"Give... Me... Blood..." The lady repeated the phrase, taking another step as she reached out an old, wrinkly hand...
"...NO!! G-GET AWAY FROM ME!! AAAAAAHHH!!" I screamed, quickly dashing away from her as I ran to the other side of the room, running up a couple of flights of stairs, as I continued running, stopping when it seemed like she was finally gone.
"Ugh..." I panted, trying to catch my breath. "I really... Hope... She's gone... Now... Man, that was horrifying..." I took a deep breath, trying to walk forward once again...
THUMP!!
"OW!!" But I suddenly felt something trip me, making me and Eevee fall to the ground pretty roughly. "Ugh, what the heck...? What was that..." I turned around, freezing when I saw a bunch of Haunters behind me, all cackling loudly as they slowly floated towards me... "No... G-get away from me..."
"Eevee!" Eevee suddenly then jumped out protectively in front of me, growling at the Haunters.
"Eevee...? Eevee, wait a minute, stay back. You can't fight all of them at once!" Eevee ignored my pleas, trying to attack the Haunters, but barely doing much, the Haunters all attacking Eevee at once as he gets slammed to the ground.
"Eevee, NO!! AGH!!" I quickly grabbed Eevee, holding onto him protectively as the Haunters attack, their attacks hitting me instead.
"Eevee?! Vee vee!" Eevee whimpered worriedly, staring up at me.
"Eevee, I'm fine, just..." I grumbled, grabbing Eevee's Pokeball. "Go back inside your Pokeball, please. I don't want you to get hurt any more..."
"Eee vui!" Eevee suddenly then smacked his Pokeball away with his tail, glaring up at the Haunters. "Eevee, no..."
"Eee... VUUUII!!" Eevee suddenly let out a loud roar, his body shining with the light of evolution...

 VUUUII!!" Eevee suddenly let out a loud roar, his body shining with the light of evolution

...And he evolved. Into a... Wha?? That's not a Pokémon that I recognize. Whoa... Did Eevee just evolve into something completely new...?
"Umbree... BREEE!!" The former Eevee suddenly blasted out what looked like a Dark Pulse attack, something I know he didn't learn before this. The attack did a lot of damage, as he blasted out yet another Dark Pulse, the Haunters all nearly getting knocked out, before quickly running away from us and out of sight.
"Whoa... That was amazing! You're so powerful now... Thanks for protecting me, Eevee... Er, um, I guess you're not Eevee now... Um, what are you now?"
"Umbree! Umbreon!" The former Eevee happily barked his own name out loud.
"Um... Umbreon? That's your name?" I asked, Umbreon nodding yes. "Whoa, an Umbreon... This is amazing! It's like I've discovered some brand new rare eeveelution!" I smiled warmly down at Umbreon, patting him on the head. "Thank you, Umbreon. You're the best partner I could've asked for."
"Umbree... Umbree? Umbreon!!" Umbreon suddenly started barking in a frenzy, pointing his paw at something behind.
"Hm? What is it, Umbreon?" I turned around, noticing that Umbreon was pointing at... A wild Cubone?! It was! The Cubone was hiding behind some tombstones, squeaking nervously when we made eye contact, the Cubone suddenly dashing off.
"Hey, get back here! Umbreon, we can't let that Cubone get away!!" Me and Umbreon chased after the Cubone, eventually cornering it against a wall.
"Alright, Cubone... You're mine now! HYAH!!" I quickly grabbed and chucked an Ultra ball at Cubone, who promptly went inside...
...1 shake...
...2 shakes...
...3 shakes...
... Click!
"Oh my Arceus... I DID IT!! I FINALLY CAUGHT A CUBONE!! YES!!" I grabbed Cubone's Pokeball, kneeling down at Umbreon's level as I gave him a quick hug. "Wow, this is amazing... I need to go tell Gramps everything I've seen today!"

Sometime later...
Me and Umbreon quickly made our way out of Lavender Tower, heading back to the Pokémon center as I called my Grandpa, explaining everything that had happened today as I told him about Umbreon's evolution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Professor Oak: "My goodness Blue, that really is amazing... You're right, your Eevee did evolve into an Umbreon! I'm not surprised you didn't know at first, Umbreons are very rare in the Kanto region. Almost unheard of... How'd you get your Eevee to evolve so easily?"
Blue: "Guess I'm just that good of a trainer! Heh, we have been doing a lot of training lately..."
Professor Oak: "Heh, seems like it... Blue, Eevee's are usually only able to evolve into an Umbreon when they share a close bond with their trainers... You must be taking really good care of your Pokémon! I'm really proud of you, Blue, you've been doing such a good job with your Pokédex lately... Good luck with your training out there!"
Blue: "Heh, thanks grandpa! Don't worry, I'll make you even more proud of me... Later!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, this was a fun, event filled day, but I think I'm finally ready to call it a night! It's pretty late after all, and I've got even more training tomorrow. Bummer I gotta go now, but we'll see each other again! After all, Sam's gotta battle me again someday...
But for now... This is goodbye! Smell you later!