Nidoking's rampage || Chapter 18

Alright, well... It's been a day since me and Leaf's failed mission to save Zapdos, and... Honestly? I still don't feel any better about what had happened. After we went back to Leaf's apartment that night, after a long conversation, we thought it would just be better to call the cops, tell them everything we know... And let them deal with this. Saving Zapdos was something that I wanted to do myself, but after our failed attempt to save the legendary Pokémon... It's probably best to let someone else deal with this. Besides, everyone keeps telling us that we're still children, who aren't supposed to be getting involved in all of this anyways... Ugh, this definitely sucks. I just wish I could do more to help...
...Anyways, now it was now the afternoon of the next day. Leaf was trying her best to cheer up, but she could easily tell that I was still bummed out, so now she decided to have us take a day off today, and do some shopping at the Celadon City department store, hopefully taking our minds off of everything. I've heard a lot of good things about this place, and Leaf says that it has a lot of good items and TMs for trainers, so... I was actually feeling pretty excited to shop here! Maybe this is what I really need today...
Me and Leaf spent a lot of time looking at practically every store we could find. Besides a few potions and Pokeballs, I wasn't buying much at first. At least, until I found this one store... Which was selling evolutionary stones! Woah, wonder which ones I should get...
"Sam, look!" Leaf points to one of the stones on display, a green one with a lightning bolt shape in the middle. "That's a thunder stone! You can actually evolve Pikachu with that!"
Whoa, seriously! That's amazing! I definitely gotta buy that..."
Man, this was perfect! At this point, all of my Pokémon on my team have evolved and gotten stronger... Well, everyones evolved but Pikachu and Jigglypuff. With this thunder stone, Pikachu will become so much stronger! I quickly paid for the thunder stone, taking Pikachu to a more secluded part of the store, holding the stone out in front of him.
"Pikachu, look at this! You can finally evolve and become stronger with this thunder stone! Here you go..." Pikachu curiously looked at the stone for a bit...
"Pika pi." Before suddenly frowning, sticking his nose up and looking away from the stone.
"Huh...? What's wrong, Pikachu? You don't have to be scared, just take the stone!" I hold the stone closer to Pikachu, but this only irritates him more.
"PIKA PIKA!!"
"Pikachu, what's up with you? Just take the stone already!"
"PIKA!!" In an unexpected move, Pikachu suddenly whacks my arm with his tail, causing the stone to go flying, sliding across the floor.
"Ow... Pikachu, what the heck was that for?! Do you not wanna evolve or something? What's wrong with you?"
"PIKA!! Pika pika, pikachu pi pi!" Pikachu suddenly went off on a loud rant, wiggling his fingers around like he was scolding me or something.
"Yeesh, calm down Pikachu, I won't evolve you right now then!" I put my hands up defensively, grabbing the stone and putting in in my backpack. Man, and this stone was pretty expensive too...
...Anyways, after all that, me and Leaf continued our shopping, but the whole time we were there, Pikachu was still pretty mad at me, constantly keeping his arms crossed and refusing to even look at me. Eventually, after a while, I couldn't handle Pikachu being mad at me anymore, so the second Leaf walked away, to go buy something...
"Pikachu! I'm sorry, alright!" I apologize, desperately. "Look, if you don't wanna evolve, I won't make you... You're fine just the way you are, so please, stop being mad at me..."
Pikachu looked pretty surprised at my sudden outburst, walking towards me with a smile, as he hugged me. "Pika pi..."
"Aw, I'm glad you forgive me, Pikachu..." I hugged Pikachu back, the two of us letting go quickly when Leaf approached us.
"Uh, this is a bit embarrassing, but... I kind've went a bit overboard, and ran out of money." Leaf says, with an embarrassed smile. "We should probably go now..."
"That's alright, I gotta save the rest of my money anyways..." I look down at the couple of shopping bags I was carrying kneeling down to the ground as I opened up my backpack...
"What the heck?!" But when I opened it, the contents of the bag started spilling on the ground, overflowing. "Yeesh, when was the last time I cleaned this thing out?! Ugh..." I started moving stuff around, organizing a bunch of items... Man, I didn't realize how much stuff was in here... Powerful TM's I've never used before, potions, Pokeballs, and... Three moon stones?! One from Mt. Moon, another from Route 2, and one from the Rocket Hideout...
"Whoa, look at all these moon stones!" Leaf gasped. "Sam... You do realize you can evolve both Nidorino and Jigglypuff with these... Right?"
"Whoa... SERIOUSLY?! Oh my gosh..."
This... Was amazing! But, wait a minute... If I'm gonna evolve those two... I need to do this correctly. I quickly wrapped up the organization with my backpack, all of us running outside to a more secluded place... As I sent out Jigglypuff and Nidorino, the two looking up at me curiously... As I pulled out two moon stones.
"Alright, you two... You see these moon stones here? Both of you can evolve with these... Now, I don't wanna force this on you guys, so I'm gonna make this your decision... If neither of you wanna evolve, it's fine. After all, it's your choice, and it's gonna be-"
"Jiggly!" Before I could finish my speech, Jigglypuff snatched one of the moon stones from my grasp, tightly hugging it... Then, both her and the stone glowed brightly, Jigglypuff evolving...