Now for the Sevii Islands! || Chapter 31

Hey, everyone! As of now, it's been over a week since I've become the champion of the Kanto region... Man, I'm just so freaking happy that I've finally become the champion!! All my hard work and training has really paid off...
This past week or so I've pretty much been hanging out back at home in Pallet Town, resting for a bit. Um... Is it bad that I haven't really been battling at all since my champion battle? After all the training this past year or so, I just wanted to take a break for a bit. And don't get me wrong, it was nice to take a bit of a break, but now I'm really itching to do some battling again...
...But I'll worry about that later. Professor Oak said he had a surprise for me today in his lab. He actually had me drop off my Pokédex at his laboratory last night, said he had an important upgrade to give it... I'm guessing the surprise is related to that? Either way, I hope it's something cool...
Me and Pikachu quickly left my house this morning, making my way over and into the lab, approaching Professor Oak, who had both mine and Blue's Pokédex laid out on a table in front of him.
"Hi, Professor Oak!" I happily greeted him. "So, what was the surprise you had for me?"
"Hey, Sam!" Professor Oak smiled, turning around to face me. "I know I've already told you this before, Sam, but I'm really proud of you for managing to become champion, and for all the Pokémon you've caught as well!"
"Aw geez, um... Sorry I haven't been capturing as much Pokémon as I should..." I apologized. "I just got so focused on training and battling..."
"Hey, it's no worries, I'm not mad at all!" Professor Oak says. "In fact, I have a perfect present for you for all your hard work... It'll be a way for you to take a bit of a vacation, while also looking for more new Pokémon at the same time..." Professor Oak reached into his pocket, handing me multiple passes, which each read: Sevii Island passes. Passes for Island One, Island Two, and so forth.
"These are passes for the Sevii Islands! When you go to these islands, you can ca-"
"HEY!! Gramps!!" Suddenly Blue burst into the room, walking up to me and Oak, with a bit of an annoyed expression. "You're giving Sam these passes, but not me? Last time I checked, I'm your grandson, not him!"
"Blue, relax, I was gonna give you passes as well..." Oak says, reaching into his pocket and also handing Blue Sevii Island passes.
"Anyways, the Sevii Islands contains a lot of Pokémon from other regions, including the Hoenn and Johto regions..." Professor Oak explains. "So you'll both get a chance at capturing all different kinds of rare Pokémon not found here!"
"Woah... This sounds so awesome! Thank you, Professor." I say, already feeling excited.
"Cool... I won't let you down gramps!" Blue says, looking down at the passes. "Hmm... I can get to the Sevii Islands on the boats in Vermilion City..."
"Oh my gosh, this is so exciting! Hey Blue, you wanna head over to the Sevii Islands together? Like right now?" I asked.
"What? No thank you, I'm going by myself." Blue says, quickly brushing me off and leaving the laboratory.
"Hmm, alright then..."
Guess I'll head over there by myself then... Man, I'm so excited! Sevii Islands, here I come!!

Sometime later...
I quickly flew over to Vermilion City, using the Sevii Island passes as I hopped onto one of the boats, the boat quickly sailing and zooming across the ocean, getting closer and closer to the islands. Eventually, after a quick hour or so, I could see one of the first islands slowly coming into view, until we finally stopped at the first island, the sigh at the entrance reading: One Island. I quickly walked through the entrance, which was a small town next to a smaller beach, with a big Pokémon center at the top of a small hill.
"Whoa... Oh my gosh, this is gonna be so much fun! Right, Pikachu?"
"Pika pi!" Pikachu happily smiled and nodded.
"Ooh, we gotta find and look for some rare, new Pokémon... But where...?"
I looked around, seeing a small stand with some maps on it, walking over and grabbing one. The map was more of a small booklet, with multiple pages that showed maps for each of the islands. I looked at One Island's map first, looking at some of the areas around us, where a nearby area captured my attention first.
"Let's go here first, Pikachu..." I pointed to the spot on the map. "Treasure Beach, here we come!"
Treasure Beach was right around the corner, quickly bringing out Blastoise and riding down his back down a small strip of water... Where we quickly arrived at the beach.
"Ooh, pretty..." I know I've only just arrived at this island, but everything here really was beautiful... It felt like the perfect area to be on vacation at.
"Hmm, so this place is called Treasure Beach... So there must be some treasure here too... And some new Pokémon from another region... And I've gotta find them!" I looked down at Pikachu, kneeling down to his level. "Hey Pikachu, if you want, maybe you can try looking around the beach for treasure, and I can go looking for some rare Pokémon! How's that sound?"
"Pika...? Pika pi!" Pikachu nodded, happily jumping up and down, looking determined.
"That's the spirit, buddy! Now let's go find some treasure!" We both quickly dashed off into different directions, as I hid behind a rock, peeking out carefully. This beach was actually a bit small, so I wasn't too worried about losing sight of Pikachu... But that also means there might be less Pokémon here too. But hey, it doesn't hurt to at least try...
As I kept looking around, I saw the head of a Pokémon suddenly pop out from behind the sand...