Chapter 1

"You again," We said in unison.

She squinted, crossing her arms. "What are you doing here?"

"Chilling... Now what are you doing here?"

"I'm gonna do the same thing,"

"Can't you find another place to go? I'd like to be alone, thank you," I said bluntly. I was about to put back my earphones, but she chuckled harshly.

"Do you know who owns this house?" She cocked her head to the side, biting her lip.

I opened my mouth to come up with something so she can get out, so I pretended that it was mine. "Do you know who owns this house? Me. So don't forget to lock the door on your way out."

"Really? So sweet of you to hang a big picture of me over there," Her red lips formed a smirk, her annoyed look now turned into amusement. I closed my eyes and sighed.

The picture was huge alright. It's a portrait of her. Her eyes were staring at the camera, lips slightly parted, her head leaning on the chain link fences.

How come I didn't see that big ass picture? Maybe I should use my glasses more. Karina didn't tell me that this was Lia's house. She knew that If I did, I wouldn't bother going. She's so dead!

"Next time you should check who's the owner before lying," she said, still smirking.

"I was trying to get rid of you," I muttered

"You and everyone knows you can't get rid of me that quick," She said matter of fact.

"Still. Worth a shot." I muttered again to myself.

"Didn't you read the 'keep out' sign that's on my door?" She pointed the door behind her with her thumb.

"I did..." I drawled. "I just didn't follow it,"

"Obviously." Lia scoffed while she rolled her eyes at me.

"Why didn't you lock the door if you don't want people to be in here?" I gave her a skeptical look.

She shrugged, "I just went somewhere to get something. Besides you, no one would ever dare to go in,"

"There's a lot of people who break the rules too, you know?" I pushed.

"I know. They know who owns this house so no one bothers to go in here especially when there's a warning sign. They know they're dead if they went inside," she said.

I gulped in nervousness. I wasn't afraid of her. But I was afraid that something might happen when I stay a bit longer. I sat up and gathered my things. "Well I'm gonna go..."

Lia lied down beside me, grabbing my arm to stop me. "You know what? You should stay, Hwang. You're interesting," She grinned.

Her face changed like she's a new person. Back at school and awhile ago, she was this cold mean girl; but now, she looked like a completely different person.

I didn't really want to leave and remembering what Karina told me about her, I went back to the position I was in awhile ago. "Hwang? You know my last name, but don't know my first name, I supposed?

She gave me a sheepish grin. "So what's your first name?"

"We've been going to the same school for almost 3 years now and you still don't. know. my. name? "I looked her dead in the eyes." It's Yeji,"

"Yeji... Cute name," She blurted then continued to speak. "I'm sure you know me already. I mean, everyone does,"

I stared at her in disbelief. "Wow. Maybe everyone is right,"