Chapter 16

We ended up watching more lesbian movies and she decided to stay over that night.

Like what people say, time really does fly. One moment, it's monday, and the next thing you know, it's already sunday. Go to school, then work, then it's already the weekend. Then again, its time for school.

A week flew by and I still haven't seen the girl I've been dying to see. I never bothered calling or texting her because I didn't want to disturb her. What if she was really busy? I didn't bother looking for her at school. There was a part of me that was still scared. What if I couldn't contain my emotions when I see her?

As I went to school, the sun was not present. The clouds were grey, the sky was also rumbling, I feel like it's gonna rain hard soon. The chilly wind went by me, making me put on my jacket and hugged myself to refrain from shivering.

As I got in the library, as I expected, the rain started to fall down. It's a good thing my jacket was waterproof.  I kept bringing an umbrella, and using it often in rainy season can be a burden, so I looked online for a waterproof jacket and saw this jacket. I had to buy it.

Walking through the librarian's desk, I saw the librarian looking sharply at me, figuring that she remembered me and what happened last time. I smiled sheepishly at her, telling her that it's just me this time and I won't make noise. She didn't say anything and just continued to stare into my soul.

I got into the Lifestyle section, looking for a specific book that I need for one of my subjects. As I saw the book I was looking for, before I got a chance to grab it, the book moved backwards, I realized that someone was pulling the book from the other side of the shelf. When the book pulled out, a face appeared.

"Oh sweet child of mine!" I exclaimed, gaining the attention of some people including the librarian. She cocked an eyebrow and I sent her a peace sign. I sighed and went back to face the face behind the shelf. "Lia."

"Hi, Yeji." She flashed a smile.

There it was. The smile that I've been dying to see; the smile I missed, the smile that was stuck in my mind, the smile that always makes my heart leap. The smile I liked. That smile of hers.

"Hi!" I squeaked while my mouth was opened.

"Oh uhm, are you going to get this book too?" She wiggled the book in her hand.

I shook my head, grabbing a random book. "No. No, I was getting this,"

"Sex For Dummies. Wow, is your single life that bad?" She joked, chuckling.

I checked the book with a disgusting look on my face, putting it back on the shelf and grabbed another book. "I finally found you." I blurted.

"It's been more than a week, huh?"

"You have no idea." Without thinking, I went to the other column and stopped to stare at her for awhile before walking closer to her, enveloping her into a hug.

Just like that, it felt like the world stopped turning, everything seemed to fade away. And the only thing I was hearing was the sound of the rain pelting through the windows and walls, and our heart's beating for each other. More like mine was beating for her. The smell of coconut made me hug her tighter.

"Someone must have missed me so much," She joked, putting one hand  on my head and the other on my back.

That knocked some sense in me and I pulled away, cheeks were flustered. "You looked like you're the one who's missing me, so I adjusted for you," I lied.

Her eyebrow went up, smirking at me like she knew I was lying. "Well thank you for adjusting,"

"What happened to you?" I asked.