Chapter 2

Boogie Wonderland by Earth, Wind & Fire.

That's the first thing I heard when I woke up. My parents always woke up early and they love to play music every morning. It's like our everyday family tradition. My family has a deep passion for music.

I did my morning routine before going downstairs to have some breakfast. I can smell the freshly cooked food and it made my stomach growl even more. As usual, dad made a bacon and eggs sandwich, mom cooked her special sausage with soup-her own recipe. And as for me, I'll eat cookie crisps cereal.

"Good morning, Yedeong!" My father greeted me before taking a sip of his coffee.

"Morning," I mumbled, still a bit sleepy. I planted a quick kiss on my father's forehead and on my mom's who's sitting beside him.

"You're still sleepy," My mom said.

I snickered, pouring the milk on my cereal. "I am always, mom,"

"Now, what should I cook for Winter?" My mom asked.

Winter always joins us for breakfast, cause her parents needed to go to work around 5 am and we usually get up around 6. Winter is part of our family, and my parents treated her as their child.

"I don't know? She always eats different food everyday," I shrugged.

"Winter should make a list or text us what she'd like for breakfast so we can prepare it early," My dad butted in.

The doorbell rang 5 times, meaning its Winter who's out the door.

"How many times do I have to tell that kid that 2 rings are enough?"

Me and my mom laughed at him. He always tells Winter to not push the bell a lot, cause it might break... Which she already did twice.

I pulled myself away from the chair and reached the doorknob, twisting it to see a messy Winter. Wearing the same pants she wore last night, though her shirt was different.

"You look like shit!" I said surprised. She was wearing sunglasses, even if there's no sun yet. "Are you still drunk?"

"My head is pounding," She grunted.

"Why are you even wearing sunglasses?"

"It's so bright,"

"Dude, the sun hasn't even come out yet!"

"Must be hard for the sun. I came out in 7th grade," She joked.

"You're hungry and sleepy." I stated. She can look like she's drunk when she's hungry or sleepy. I know its odd, but she's like that.

"Mommy Hwang, I want 2 pancakes, scrambled eggs, and coffee, please?" Winter requested, giving my parents a hug.

"You look like a mess, honey," Mom said, removing Winter's sunglasses.

"Going for the messy look, you know what I mean?" My best friend joked.

"Well then, you're rocking it!" Dad chuckled.

"Thanks, daddy Hwang!" She gave dad a wide grin.

Mom placed the food in front of Winter and she started digging in.

"So girls, how's school yesterday?"

"Tiring," Winter raised her hand while she cut a piece of her pancake.

"Had a conversation with Karina's best friend," I said, recalling last night. Mom thought we were at Karina's house studying, but we weren't.

Winter chocked on her food as she found out about it.