Chapter 11

A day before yesterday, Reed asked me out and I haven't given him an answer yet; I haven't texted him, cause I couldn't come up with anything. I didn't want to say no but saying yes seems wrong. After their practice, I bid my goodbye and quickly drove home. I told them that I wasn't feeling well and needed to go home immediately.

Yes, it was because of Reed who just asked me out, and also it was because of Lia. When I found out that she likes me, I was feeling something in my chest and there's like butterflies in my stomach. I shouldn't be feeling this, but I am. What's even worst? I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I can't explain it and it's confusing me. And to top that all of, when I slept I had a dream about her. We were at the park and we kissed, it wasn't a nightmare but it definitely scared me.

Today was the first day of the sports competition. People from different schools were going inside the gymnasium to watch the cheerleaders perform. Everyone was excited, Winter and I were sitting in the middle while other people were still looking for a place to sit. It's also Winter and Karina's anniversary today and they have to go right away after the competition because they made a reservation at a five-star restaurant and couldn't be late, since 5 pm was the only time available for today. That also means, I'll be giving Lia a ride home and I can't avoid her anymore. I've been avoiding her since a day ago and whenever she texts me, I just tell her that I wasn't feeling well. I'm sure that she doesn't believe me, but she never asked what was wrong.

"There they are!" Winter pointed out the girls who were lining up to start their cheer.

The girls got into their positions and when the horn blasted they start to do their routine. People were cheering and howling as Giselle was thrown into the air and was caught by the other girls. It's like you're watching Bring It On, that's how good they were. Karina and Lia climbed over the top and raised their hands with a grin on their faces. Karina spotted Winter and her grin grew wider, Lia saw me and that made my heart skip a beat. Instead of avoiding her, I smiled a bit and waved to her, making her smile even wider. After that, I avoided eye contact with her for the rest of their performance. 

Their performance was amazing, they got everything right and did it perfectly. After them, the other school, Golden Park was up.  Their outfits were a bit the same as JYP High's, but our color was black and orange, while theirs was blue and white.

They started with a song type of cheer, lights were turned off and I heard some people snickering, Including Winter.

"Boring," She faked a yawn.

I nudged her with my elbow. "Don't be so rude,"

"What? It's true," I rolled my eyes and the lights were turned back on. 

Their cheer was good but JYP High was better. No doubt, we're going to win. I just know it. And just like that,

We won.

People went wild, standing up from their seats with a grin on their faces.  My best friend ran up to her girlfriend and gave her a bone-crushing hug, and as for me, I just stayed where I was. If I wasn't awkward and uncomfortable, I would've ran and hugged Lia and the others too, but I didn't want them to see what's wrong with me.

What is wrong with me?

"Congratulations,Rina!" I said, giving her a hug as they approached me.

"Thank you, Yeji!"

"Are you guys gonna go now?" I asked, remembering their date.

They both nodded at the same time. "We've been planning to go there and they're always packed. They only had 2 reservations left, 2 pm and 5 pm. Of course, we took the 5 pm slot,"