Chapter 23

One of the best sounds in the whole wide world was the sound of the school bell.

That beautiful sound ringing in your ears, signaling that it's time to go home, was something most people look forward to.

When the bell rang, I took my bag and put my notebook inside. I was looking forward to seeing  Lia and give her a ride home. It's been like that since the first time we've talked. Always giving her a ride home and before, I was very irritated. I didn't want to waste my gas on her, I didn't want to do anything with her. And it's funny how things changed as time went by. I'm willing to give her a ride everyday whenever she wants to.

Before I made my way to the field, I put my stuff in the car so that I wouldn't have to carry anything else since I'll be helping Lia with her bags. They're practicing more than the usual, getting prepared for the second round of the cheerleading competition. Knowing that she's tired, I want to carry her bags and drive her home. They've been working their asses off for the competition.

I spotted Lia's bags sitting on the bleachers along with the other bags. She soon saw me and directed me to get her bags, which I did and dang, they were heavy. I don't know how she can carry these. She was strong... But not strong enough to beat me at any game.

When the practice was over, she ran up to me as fast as she could, pinching my cheek as her way of greeting me every time we saw each other. "Hey, Hwang, can you pass me my water?" I reached out for the water bottle from her bag and gave it to her.

"You stink,"

That was a lie.

She smelled good still, even when her sweat mixed with her perfume. How can someone smell so good even if they're sweating?

"You must be smelling your own self,"

"You really do stink,"

"We both know that's a lie,"

"It's not-" She eyed me with one eyebrow raised. "Yeah, it's a lie."

She snickered, putting her water back in the bag. "Let's go home."

I helped her with her bags, only letting her carry her towel and her jacket. She even suggested if I could carry her too. I would've said yes, but I told her I wouldn't let my body contact with her sweaty body. With a pout, she enveloped me into a tight hug, rubbing her cheek on mine. Satisfied with my grunt, she pecked my other cheek, probably leaving a lipstick stain.

Instead of sitting in the passenger seat, Lia laid down on the backseat. I checked her from the rear view mirror and I could see how tired she was by her body language. I really do hope that they'll win again so all the sweat and tears they've shed, every energy they've wasted on practice would be worth it.

"A massage would be great right now," She said, weakly.

"If you want, I can give you a massage,"

"You'd do that?" She stared at me in disbelief.

"Yeah, why not? I always massage my parents when they're tired, and Winter. Even when she's not tired, she'll force me to and I'll always end up giving her one,"

"Yeji, you are amazing." She pushed herself up with every ounce of energy she has left just to give me a hug from behind and a big kiss on my cheek. The hug was a bit firm, making me choke a little on my saliva. I checked myself at the mirror and there were two kiss marks on both side of my cheeks. Using the back of my palm as a tissue, I made sure to spread it all around my cheeks to make it look like a blush.

I parked my car in front of their house, carrying the bags as I trailed behind Lia who opened the door, Lena was walking down the stairs.

"Hey, Lesbo! So our assumptions are right, huh? Lesbo is definitely a good nickname for you," She greeted.