Chapter 27

"Open the door, Yeji!" She said for the third time.

"Wait!" I also said for the 3rd time.

"It's hot out here!" She whined.

"It'll be much hotter when you go in because I'm here," I muttered to myself, tying my hair.

"I heard that!" She said, sounding amused.

She's been waiting for who knows how long. I wasn't even aware of the time since I've been looking for a cute outfit to wear on our second date. Even if it's held at home, I wanted to look good. I couldn't find anything, so I ended up wearing pjs and a plain blue shirt.

I opened the door, seeing Lia sitting on the porch with her face buried in her hands. She heard the door creak and turned around, looking relieved once she saw that I finally opened the door.

"Thank god. I thought I was gonna grow old and die here waiting for you to let me in." She handed me a bag of groceries while she took the other inside.

I used my foot to close the door, "You're overreacting, Lia,"

"I've waited for more than fifteen minutes. More than fifteen minutes, Yeji. More than fifteen!" She cried, dropping the groceries on the counter top.

Chuckling, I said, "That doesn't sound too bad,"

"Too bad?! It was so hot outside!" She huffed.

"I'm inside so it's hotter here," I shrugged.

She flashed me a mischievous look, smiling from ear to ear. "But this doesn't sound too bad at all."

Before I knew what was happening, she pushed me until my back was touching the counter. Her lips met mine all too fast and I made sure that I kissed her back quickly. My hands got a hold on the countertop for support as Lia leaned her body closer as possible, cupping my cheeks. The kiss was rough and the temperature of the room definitely got way hotter and the tension became thicker.

I pulled my weight off the counter, turning us so now she's the one who's leaning against the counter. I gripped her waist and carried her and made her sit on top of the counter.

I felt her tongue lick my lips, I opened my mouth and let our tongues collide with much hunger and craving for each other. Her lips disconnected from mine and found its way to my jaw on the way to my neck, biting a bit harder that I would've assumed. I suppressed a moan, but she bit my neck again that made my moan escape.

I knocked the groceries off with my elbow, making our kiss come to a halt. Breathing heavily, I pulled my face away from her to see her panting as well, our cheeks flushed.

"You might be forgetting what I came here for," She was breathing heavily,

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously. I came here to cook, not... This. So keep your hands to yourself since you can't  control your hormones,"

I scoffed. "Excuse me?! Maybe you should be telling that to yourself? You're the one who started it!"

"Look at yourself. It looks like you want to put your paws on me," She wiggled her eyebrows, bitting her lips to stop a grin from forming.

"Wow. Lia refusing to make out that's... new,"

She hopped off the countertop and fixed her clothes. "I'm here to learn how to cook. Not learn how to make out on the countertop,"

My eyes rolled at her. "Shut up or I'll make you."

"Control your hormones," She flattened out my top.