Mee-Maw

"Hey, Kie can you look up the 'island room', the 'Royal Merchant', and 'Denmark Tanny' please?" Pope asked Kie as they sat outside. 

"Have you thought about it?" Kie asked him. 

"Uh, thought about what?" he asked, looking at her. She gave him a look. "Oh, I mean... I mean, yeah, of course. I thought about you like everyday for a year, so I mean yeah, I've definitely thought about it."

"I mean, it was perfect, right? Like, the moonlight and the beach and the bonfire..." 

"Yeah, it was a great night." Pope said to her.

"Like, there's nothing that could've made that more perfect." Kie said.

"Right? And the whole night leading up to that was just so much fun, you know? The beach, the stars." he started, as Logan starts making her way into the hut not really paying attention. 

"Yeah, the setting was..." Kie said not seeing Logan. 

"It was nice." Pope said and Logan just looked up at them understanding what they're talking about. 

"So it should've been like... wow. But instead, it was, like, kind of... kind of weird, right?" Kie said and Logan's jaw dropped. 

"What do you mean by weird? Like weird how?" Pope asked her. 

"Um, after, you know, we did it. I didn't really know what to say." Kie said looking up. Logan hid around the corner so she didn't get seen. 

"Okay." he said.

"You know, we've been best friends for so long, and so much has happened. I mean, like, John B, Sarah and Logan 'died'. And my mom's threatening me with boarding school. And I really can't stand the idea of not being able to talk to you." Kie said and Pope got up and looked away. Logan is listening in with a broken heart for her best friend. 

"No, right, I understand. You know, like, we gotta keep the friendship." Pope said.

"Yeah. Absolutely. Like, the last few days, I just, like, wanted things to go back to the way they were. I mean, didn't you think things used to be so good." Kie said.

"Low blow." Logan whispered around the corner.

"Yeah" Pope responded to Kiara. 

"And I... I really don't want to say it, but, you know, maybe we should just... maybe we should just be-" She started.

"Friends" Pope cut her off.

"Yes, friends. I was- That's what I was gonna say." Kie said to him with a smile. 

"Yeah" They said together. 

"Yeah we can be friends." Pope said to her as he walked closer. "Like me and Logan." Logan frantically shook her head at that.

"Yeah, um... So we're good. Yeah" Kie asked him.

"Yeah" Pope said as they hugged.

"I feel so much better." she said into his shoulder. "If we weren't Pogues, we would be fighting right now." 

"Well, it's a good thing we're Pogues." Pope said as they broke apart. Kie walked away after that and Pope stood there silently thinking.

"That was rough." Logan said to him as she walked out.

"You heard that." Pope asked her.

"Yeah. Sorry dude." she said and gave him a hug. 

"You always give the best hugs." Pope said to her and she laughed. 

"Well you can always have one if you're feeling down." she said and broke out of it. "But hey, you told me it kind of felt weird, maybe you felt the same way as her but you didn't know it yet. She could just be the girl before the girl, you know what I mean?" he just gave her a confused look. "It's like you have the first girl, you think you like her, maybe even think you love her, but she's just the first one that doesn't workout. There's always the one after that's a better suit for you."