Bonus Chapter #2

The Pogues

"Logan! Logan! Come here!" JJ yelled from the dock of The Chateau. The 8 year old girl immediately sat up from her spot on the hammock and ran towards him. JJ was jumping up and down happily while John B stood behind Big John, looking over his shoulder.

"What is that?" Logan asked as she walked closer to them.

"It's a fish! I caught my first fish!" JJ yelled and smiled with his missing teeth.

"More like a pogue." John B said with a teasing smile. JJ stopped jumping and ran over to his friend, pushing him over playfully.

"It's not a pogue! It's a fish! It's a Kingfish!" JJ said proudly, then sat down beside Big John.

"It is kinda small." Logan said with a smirk and crossed her arms. "I don't think it counts."

"Wha–. Of course it counts! Look at it!" JJ stood and pointed at it, the fish was starting to flop around in Big John's hands, desperate for water. It did that for a couple more seconds before it stopped.

"Why'd it stop?" John B asked his dad, moving to poke the fish.

"I think the little guy passed." Big John said then stood up with the fish still in his hands.

"What?!" JJ jumped up to look in Big John's hands. "No! It can't be dead. It's my first fish!"

"I'm sorry, buddy. You can try catching another one after dinner." Big John then threw the dead fish back into the water and walked up the dock back into The Chateau to start dinner. The three kids just watched the fish as it sank further to the bottom.

"Dang it. Now I'll never become a rich fisherman." JJ kicked the ground in frustration. John B and Logan looked at each other then back over to JJ who was now sitting with his legs hanging off the dock. They walked over and sat beside him, John B on his left and Logan on his right.

"Hey, cheer up. You don't need to be rich. We do pretty well here and we have no money." John B said and put his arm around his friend's shoulder.

"Yeah why be a Kingfish all alone in its school when you can be a Pogue, surrounded by others like you. Like us." Logan said and bumped his shoulder. JJ started to smile then he gave her a hug, moving to hug John B next.

"Hey, I like that. Pogues." John B said with a smile. Logan then stood up and touched all their shoulders.

"Then I now declare us The Pogues. The coolest group in the OBX." she said happily. JJ stood up and grabbed John B, throwing him in the water.

"POGUES!" he screamed then cannonballed. Logan followed shortly after him and the three spent the next hour swimming around talking about how everyone on the island is going to know The Pogues.