Bonus Chapter #6

That Night

"We really shouldn't be doing this, Logan." Pope said nervously as he looked around him, scared that someone would catch them.

"It'll be fine, stop worrying so much." Logan said to him. "Now, hurry up!" She started climbing up the ladder that led to the roof of the school. Once they got up she walked to the door and gestured for Pope to move forwards. "Come on, man. Do your thing."

"How did you convince me to do this again? On a Friday night too?" Pope asked as he pulled his computer out of his bag and connected it to the digital lock. He started hacking into the security system.

"I told you I wouldn't do anything bad for the next week." she smiled at him.

"Month, you said month." he paused and looked up at her, making sure that she understood it was a month.

"Really? I don't recall saying month. A week is more realistic." Logan smirked at him, knowing he would agree with her.

"...You're right. You couldn't go a month without doing something illegal. It's pretty much impossible for you." Pope turned away and started hacking again with a smile, he had an idea.

"I wouldn't say it's impossible. I mean... I could do it." Logan said as she walked in a circle with a thinking face on.

"I really don't think you could. You were right, a week is more realistic." he smiled in victory.

"No, no, no. I can do it. In fact I won't do anything illegal for the next month." she smirked proudly, thinking she beat him.

"Are you sure?" Pope asked her carefully, trying to keep his happiness inside.

"Of course I am. Here, we'll shake on it." Logan stuck out her hand and Pope sighed, shaking it in pretend dismay. "There we go, it's a deal. Now, are you done yet?"

"Yes, I just finished." As soon as he said that the door beeped and opened.

"Yes! Thank you!" Logan hugged him then ran inside, leaving Pope to chase after her.

~~

"All done." Logan smiled proudly and carefully jumped down from the ceiling.

"Great, can we get out of here?" Pope looked around nervously. Logan just chuckled as she put her dyes in her bag.

"Yes, Pope, we can leave now. Did you set the timer?" she asked him as they started walking to the roof again.

"Yup, the sprinklers will go off at exactly 9:06 am, Monday morning. Why did you choose that time?" Pope asked her curiously.

"I'll tell you later." Logan blushed as she walked outside.

"What? You can't tell me now? Is it some huge secret?" Pope laughed.

"Shut up." she mumbled and climbed down the ladder. Him climbing down after her, still laughing. "I'm super excited for this, it might be my best prank yet."

"Yeah, I can't wait to see all the Kook's faces when their pristine uniforms are covered in permanent rainbow dye." Pope chuckled, also excited for some payback.

"It's gonna be so awesome. Imagine Rafe's face! And pink hair!" The two laughed as they walked back to their houses.

~~

Pope stood with John B, Kiara and JJ outside the Kook academy at 9:00 am on the dot.

"Pope, what are we doing here man?" JJ asked him angrily, all he wanted to do was go home and drink away all his problems.

"Yeah, he's right. What's going on Pope?" Kiara said, you could tell she was tired, she had dark bags under her very red eyes.

"Just be patient." Pope told them as he looked at his watch. 2 minutes.

"Come on, man. We all want to go home." John B said with a sigh, he wasn't ready to leave his house yet.

"This is ridiculous, I'm leaving." JJ said and started walking away. The other two followed him.

"Wait! Wait! 10 seconds! Please..." Pope asked them desperately with tears in his eyes. They turned around and looked at him. "5... 4... 3... 2.... And now." The fire alarm started blaring and the sprinklers went off, spraying a bunch of colours everywhere. There was a rush of Kooks running out of the doors. All of them were screaming as their uniforms got destroyed by the dyes. The Pogues jaws dropped as they saw what was happening.

"What the..." Kiara trailed off as she smiled in amusement.

"Who...?" John B asked Pope.

"Logan did. On Friday. She said it was going to be her best prank yet." Pope smiled with tears running down his face. "She said she wanted it to go off at 9:06 exactly, the day she first met JJ." he turned to his friend who was staring at the Kooks with a shocked face, JJ looked at Pope then hugged him, John B and Kiara joined in and they all cried for their best friend who had died Friday night. "She never got to see it happen." Pope sobbed.