Meeting The In-Law

As the group was driving to get to the church they noticed that the tide came up and flooded the road back.

"Ah, crap. The tide. This doesn't look good." Pope said to them. 

"How deep is that?" Kie asked the guys.

"I dunno. The road's gone." John B said as the van came to an abrupt stop. 

"The tide rose faster than I thought it would," JJ said

"Yeah, only a little bit," Logan said sarcastically. 

"Uh, John B how high are the spark plugs?" Their blond-haired friend asked. 

"They're good. We're fine." he didn't answer the question. 

"No, how high are they?" JJ, Pope, and Logan all asked together. 

"Oh, um." he looked outside his window. "Uh, just above the taillight."

"Okay, so that's, what, three feet?" Pope asked.

"That's three feet. Yeah" JJ confirmed. 

"That water can't be three feet deep," Kie said.

"So then what's the problem?" Johnny boy asked. 

"Not a problem. No, we're good. We're good. She'll make it." JJ said to them reassuringly. 

"Unless she doesn't," Logan said and they all glared at her. "I'm shutting up now." she nodded and looked down. 

"Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen fasten your seat belts. Hold onto something. we're going into hyperdrive." John B said. Everybody started holding onto the car. Logan grabbed Kie and kept her close. 

"I'm gonna say a quick prayer," JJ said while touching his shoulders to make a cross. 

"Three, two, one." he counted down and pressed on the gas. Everyone started yelling and cheering him on. They were going really fast and were about to make it until the van swerved off the road into the water. 

"I think we miscalculated," Pope said. 

"I knew I should have driven," JJ said. 

"That was fun, let's do it again," Logan said with a small smile. Everyone was unamused and just climbed out of the van. 

"Okay, maybe we can walk from here," Pope suggested. 

"What? And leave the Twinkie? The... the tide's coming in." John B said. 

"So then what are we supposed to do?" Sarah asked. 

"Not stay here," JJ said. 

"I can take my dad's truck," Kie said and everyone looked over at her. 

"Kie, are you sure?" John B asked. 

"How much worse can it get, you know?" Kie said. 

"We're gonna need something to pull her out with. There's the winch at the Chateau. That's like, two miles." JJ said to them. 

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Sarah said. 

"Me, JJ, and Kie can go. You three stay here with the Twinkie." Logan suggested and they all agreed. 

"If you're gonna do it, let's go, okay? Tide's coming in. Twinkies going underwater." John B said. 

"Double time girls. We gotta move." JJ said to them and they started walking away. 

~~~~

The three of them got to Kie's house and found the truck. Logan and JJ hide behind the fence.

"Are you sure you wanna do this? A little Dad Theft Auto?" JJ asked her.