Heat

Summary:

High school AU

Matt Casey, an omega who goes into heat in the middle of class. Kelly Severide, his alpha friend, helps him get out of the school and helps him with his heat.

🔥🔥🔥

Matt walked down the halls with his best friends, Kelly Severide and Andy Darden. He is an omega, one of the only male omega in the school and part of the small groups of omega's left in Chicago. It is scarce for someone to present as an omega these days, and no one understands why. Since he presented, his family was protective of him and his friends stuck by him.

When Kelly presented as an alpha not long after Matt presented as an omega, he became even more protective over his friend. His inner wolf hated when he smelt another alpha on Matt and hated it more when someone would make a dirty comment about Matt.

Andy, although a beta, still protected Matt. Sometimes he had to protect Matt from Kelly when Kelly would turn all jealous alpha on Matt, but Andy knew the truth. He knew the two had feelings for each other, but of course, them being their stubborn selves, would never talk to each other about it. Andy found it annoying and sometimes wondered how stupid his friends were. The number of times Kelly got mad over Matt seeming somewhat "flirty" with others or when Matt got sad when Kelly would check others out. It is evident to anyone that they were gone for each other except for the two in the situation.

"Morning Matty, hey Andy," Kelly greeted, meeting his two friends by Andy's car in front of their high school.

"Morning," Matt said tiredly and took off his sweater.

"The princess over here didn't get his beauty sleep last couple of nights," Andy said with an eye roll and watched as Kelly's face softened.

"Why? Are you okay?" Kelly asked, concern lacing his voice, and Andy shook his head with a smile.

"Fine, just hot," Matt said with a shrug. He took Andy's keys out of his hands and unlocked his car door, and threw his sweater into it. "Let's go. It's hot out here," Matt started walking towards the school, and Andy and Kelly looked at each other weirdly. It was the transition period between fall and winter, so it was anything but hot. Andy only shrugged but pointed two fingers at his eye and then to Matt's retreating back, telling Kelly to keep an eye out.

Matt gets hotter and more squirmy but tries his best to hide it as the day goes on. Kelly has noticed, and he has noticed that Matt's scent has changed. He smells sweeter, and Kelly can't help but get a bit closer to him.

It isn't until they are in math class does both Matt and Kelly realize what's going on.

Matt lets out a loud whine, and he looks over at Kelly with wide, fearful eyes. Everyone in the class looks over at Matt, and all the alpha's in the room shine their red eyes once they catch a scent of Matt.

"Heat," Matt whispers out, and Kelly realizes what is happening and turns to the class and growls at the alphas.

"Mrs," Kelly says, and the teacher has her back turned from Matt since she is an alpha as well and is affected by his scent.

"Go," she said, and Kelly grabbed his and Matt's stuff before picking Matt up bridal style and running out of the class. Matt is whimpering and whining in Kelly's hold. He moves his head to the crock of Kelly's neck and takes a big whiff of Kelly's scent.

"I'm going to take you home, and I will stay to give you food and let your family know so they can leave," Kelly says once he puts Matt into his car.