My Burrito

Summary:

Casey lost his spleen when a call went wrong and had to go into immediate surgery. Now, Casey has spent a long time in Chicago Winter for a call and managed to catch a cold.

🔥🔥🔥

Truck 81 and Engine 51 were out on the scene of a multiple-vehicle accident, and they are cleaning up the scene to get the road usable again. It is one of those harsh Chicago winters, and Casey, who usually gets cold quicker, is freezing his balls off as he works. He can feel a cold coming on and knows that his husband would not let that slide. He sighs, thinking about how he will hide this from Severide but knowing that it is impossible.

Severide and Casey seem to have this sixth sense when it comes to the safety and health of the other. One looks at each other and knows that something is wrong even if the other appears perfectly normal. They both hate the sense when they realize that they are not fine but love it when the other is trying to hide something and won't let them.

Casey and Severide have to hide their relationship from the house because CFD doesn't allow married couples to work in the same house, especially if they are of different ranks. The better word is that it is more like an unofficial rule, and all the married couples they know have gotten switched to different shifts or houses. They don't want to risk getting switched because of either trust easily and work in the same house, and the same shift allows them to keep an eye on each other. Boden knows because he has the right to know, and they have the right paperwork done if it ever gets out. With the paper word, it doesn't guarantee that they won't get transferred, CFD would find some other reason they need to get switched, and it would most likely be Casey and not Severide.

Finally, they have finished clearing the road and got onto the rig. Casey looks into the mirror and sees that his cheeks and nose are rose, and he is incredibly pale. He will not be able to hide this from Kelly. The good thing is that they are past the time their shift was supposed to be done, and he is hoping Severide has gone home.

Nope.

The second Matt got out, Kelly sat in his recliner by the squad table, not even changed. Matt sighs and watches his man run into the house, probably for a coffee, before changing and leaving.

"Your cold," Kelly pointed out as Matt slowly walked over to him. He looks like a little boy about to get yelled at by their parents for doing something he wasn't supposed to when the reality is so cold that he can barely move.

"I'm fine," Matt said, and Kelly scoffed and raised a hand to his cheek and gave Casey his 'I-don't-believe-you-one-bit' look, and Casey sighed.

"Case, you are like an ice cube," Kelly argued as the two made their way to the locker room.

"I just need to get into my hoodie; I'll be fine," Matt says calmly.

"You would if your spleen wasn't missing, you can develop an infection, and your body won't be able to fight it off," Kelly muttered, going to his own locker and getting changed. By the time he was done, he had walked back over to Casey's locker, and Matt was now in a hoodie, jeans, a hat, and a winter jacket.

"Happy?" Casey asked, and Kelly shook his head.

"Let's get you home," Kelly said and had to fight the urge from kissing Casey right there and then. They can hear Mouch and Gallo walking into the locker rooms and know they would suspect something. Instead, Kelly settles, walking as close as he can to Matt that their shoulders are brushing.

Kelly hated to leave Matt when they were driving back home, but they drove their separate cars to work almost every day. Everyone knows they live together, but they also know that Casey usually goes straight to construction jobs after jobs, so bringing separate cars is easier and less suspicious.