Chapter 4: The Goddess of Love

*****

"Well, hello handsome," a sultry voice said. Percy turns and faces the goddess of love. "I heard you're a good adviser. Can you give me too a piece of advice? Later, at my temple?" she seductively smiled at him.

Everyone rolled their eyes from Aphrodite's antics. While a certain goddess of moon is clenching her teeth together while holding her throne arms rest tightly. She feels something inside her, but couldn't understand. She just brushed it off.

Percy stared at her for a moment then he smirked, which made everyone confused.

"Nice try, Lady Aphrodite," he said. Aphrodite looks stunned.

"Impossible! How did my— kiss me, Percy," she tried again and put more power at her words but the latter just grinned.

"It will never work to me," Percy said. And when they realized that Aphrodite charm speak but to no avail, they all looked stunned for except Hecate, Poseidon, the demigods, and well... Zeus.

"How—?" Aphrodite asked.

"My mother is Hecate, empousa are under her command, so I'm kinda immune in that thing," he said. Aphrodite looked at him with interest, while still smiling seductively.

"But my proposal is still on," she said.

Percy smile sympathetically making everyone confused.

"Aphrodite," Percy said. "The goddess of love who's never been loved," the gods stared at him confused while Aphrodite frowned momentarily before smiling again.

"What are you talking about?" Aphrodite asked innocently.

"Behind that personality of yours. Behind the temperamental, annoying attitude of yours is a wonderful, smart, and kind woman," he said. Everyone frowned at what he was just said about Aphrodite. Slowly, Aphrodite's smiles are fading.

"Behind the flirtatious and happy-go-lucky side that everyone seeing is a lonely and sad woman," he continued and took a step forward. Aphrodite's face became expressionless that make everyone surprised.

"Honestly what are you talking about?" Aphrodite said in a cold tone.

"You want a friend but everyone hated you," Percy said, and step forward. Aphrodite's face is still expressionless but pain was evident in her eyes.

"You want a family, especially a father, a father figure that will treat you with love and care but everyone looked at you like a whore, like a piece of meat, just a woman who will warm their beds," Percy then took another step forward. Pain, sadness, loneliness, that's what you will see in Aphrodite's eyes.

"You want to be loved. Your husband, Hephaestus does not pay attention to you," everyone turned to the said god, which made Hephaestus uneasy. "His busy forging things on his working place. All day he is working, busy forging things, that makes you feel lonely." Hephaestus looked at Aphrodite with wide eyes.

"Stop," Aphrodite said, tears are beginning to form in her eyes.

"And that's the reason, and the beginning of you cheating on him," Percy said, taking another step forward. Hephaestus bowed his head down, while Aphrodite is holding back her tears while looking at Percy. Every word that he said was piercing through her soul.

"Please, stop," Aphrodite begged with single tears falling to her eyes. The pain in her heart is too much that she couldn't handle it.

"Guys after guys, after guys. Every night you slept with different guys, taking them on your bed just to fulfill the loneliness in your heart. But that doesn't enough," Aphrodite's tears falling non-stop.